Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tunes or tunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:04 AM
THABULL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tunes or tunes

I just had some funds to free up and can't deside on what to spend my money on pipes or a stereo system. I will eventually have both but right now it is one or the other. Any feedback on what some of you guys would do 1st will be welcome. Thanks Bull

Old 03-19-2007, 11:10 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tunes or tunes

I'd have to say at *this* point, neither! Before ya scream at me, go back an' reread your question...it's not "Gee guys - I love the xyz pipes AND the abc sound enhancin' system - which should I buy first?!?" It seems to me that you don't yet have a system in mind for either application - an' personally ah'd take the time ta slow down an' listen around 'til ah hear sumthin' that makes me wanna spend <which doesn't take long>. Ah listened around the dealership fer a coupla days 'til ah found a rig that had the sound ah wanted - fer me, it wuz the Bassani TD system. Low rumble, rather than a "bark". But each of us is gonna have a sound we're strivin' for - an' thar's nuthin' worse than spendin' a coupla large ones, THEN findin' out ya don't like it!!

Take yer time, an' cubbyhole the $$$ 'til yer ready.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:45 AM
THABULL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

I'd have to say at *this* point, neither! Before ya scream at me, go back an' reread your question...it's not "Gee guys - I love the xyz pipes AND the abc sound enhancin' system - which should I buy first?!?" It seems to me that you don't yet have a system in mind for either application - an' personally ah'd take the time ta slow down an' listen around 'til ah hear sumthin' that makes me wanna spend <which doesn't take long>. Ah listened around the dealership fer a coupla days 'til ah found a rig that had the sound ah wanted - fer me, it wuz the Bassani TD system. Low rumble, rather than a "bark". But each of us is gonna have a sound we're strivin' for - an' thar's nuthin' worse than spendin' a coupla large ones, THEN findin' out ya don't like it!!

Take yer time, an' cubbyhole the $$$ 'til yer ready.
Actually I do know what I want in both , Rush slip-on(2.25 baffles) in a package deal from www.fuelmotousa.com and a Kenwood system including Sirius from www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com

Old 03-19-2007, 11:49 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

In THAT case, ah'd go with the exhaust. The sat. radio folks are still talkin' 'bout a merger - an' if it happens you kin *bet* that one of the transmitter formats will be toast! Ah'd be avoidin' any sound system w/integrated sat. radio receiver until this stuff settles...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:57 AM
THABULL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

In THAT case, ah'd go with the exhaust. The sat. radio folks are still talkin' 'bout a merger - an' if it happens you kin *bet* that one of the transmitter formats will be toast! Ah'd be avoidin' any sound system w/integrated sat. radio receiver until this stuff settles...
I have Sirius in my big rig , I am going to be pi$$ed if they screw up my Sirius programming. There rock selection................ ROCKS!!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

I hear ya! My receiver went TU 'bout 3 weeks afore mah subscription was due for renewal, an' until they shake this stuff out, ah opted NOT ta buy a new receiver, even though they're relatively cheap.

Ah have a feelin' ol' Howard best be watchin' hiz 6 if the deal DOES go through, 'cuz he's a HUGE cost center fer 'em ta have on board!

Old 03-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds to me that you are in to music, I'd go for the radio first. If the radio comes first then you will have a better idea of what you can hear and at what speeds which may impact your decision on how loud you want your pipes.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally, I dig on the sound of the stock '07 pipes so I'd do something else first.
I had Sirius in my truck but killed the subscription because I hated all the DJ chatter. Wife has XM in her Mustang and is also considering dropping it as they're starting to air commercials. (I thought the point of sat radios was NO commercials...?!)

In either case CD's/MP3'swork and are cheaper...

Old 03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
THABULL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Streetrunner

Sounds to me that you are in to music, I'd go for the radio first. If the radio comes first then you will have a better idea of what you can hear and at what speeds which may impact your decision on how loud you want your pipes.
Yep , nothing like some good ole sounthern fried rock or 80's metal to give you a good kick in the a$$!!!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Pipes!I have a radio and I don't listen to it half the time,but that's Me.If You like having Your tunes every where You go,then get the radio.Everyone around You can enjoy the pipes,The radio is just for You and Your passenger,JMHO.

Quick Reply: tunes or tunes