Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo King Tour Pak on a 2014 SGS

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014 | 11:29 AM
ejvette
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Solo King Tour Pak on a 2014 SGS

Ok after some help with the mounting hardware from rs87277 I got it all together and yes the saddlebag lids clear the tour Pak without any issue I know someone posted a few months back that he had an issue with this but I did not.

Old 01-26-2014 | 11:36 AM
2>4
Road Captain

Damn your bike is sweet!

Old 01-26-2014 | 12:27 PM
WorldPat
6th Gear

ejvette, that looks good. If my eyes don't mistrust me you have closed some of the pre-drilled holes. Can you tell me how you did it? Are you still planning to put the chopped backrest on it?

Old 01-26-2014 | 12:52 PM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WorldPat
ejvette, that looks good. If my eyes don't mistrust me you have closed some of the pre-drilled holes. Can you tell me how you did it? Are you still planning to put the chopped backrest on it?
I think your looking at the tether mount. The holes for the backrest appear to be wide open.

Old 01-26-2014 | 12:57 PM
ejvette
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by WorldPat
I ordered a chopped back rest but I'm having second thoughts have not made a final decision on that. No I have not plugged the holes yet I'm still looking for a solution there are 2 holes on each corner of the top that need to be plugged.

Old 01-26-2014 | 01:48 PM
WorldPat
6th Gear

Thanks. It seemed to me from the picture that the holes on the corner were plugged already. Obviously I was wrong. Please post when you made a decision and/or found a solution. Still waiting for my Tour Pak to arrive. Want to see it on the bike before deciding on the back rest. But driving solo I am heavily biased against the armrest solution.

Old 01-26-2014 | 01:51 PM
ejvette
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I put in a plastic automotive body plug the lower hole does not go all the way thru. Not much you can do here short of having them filled and the lid repainted and I'm not quite that **** lol. I will probably hit the heads with some touch up paint that's about it.

Old 01-26-2014 | 01:59 PM
WorldPat
6th Gear

Thanks for sharing. Looks good to me. I thought of some plug like that as well. I guess I might put some silicone in the lower hole just to close it. No paint for me.

Old 01-26-2014 | 02:34 PM
CaptainKirk
Road Master

Looks awesome. So close to what I'd like to do. I'm thinking you needed the 4-point docking hardware, the tourpak mount and the tourpak to get this done..... That's a lotta cash.... But it looks so well done!

Old 01-26-2014 | 02:41 PM
ejvette
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk
Looks awesome. So close to what I'd like to do. I'm thinking you needed the 4-point docking hardware, the tourpak mount and the tourpak to get this done..... That's a lotta cash.... But it looks so well done!
Yea I bought everything thru kutter the total was around $1100 tour Pak all the mounting hardware and the lock.

Quick Reply: Solo King Tour Pak on a 2014 SGS