Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearwater Beach Fl daytrip suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Mertoid
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Clearwater Beach Fl daytrip suggestions

My girl and I are in Clearwater Beach for a couple of days, rented a '14 Streetglide for Tuesday and we're looking for some good daytrip suggestions for this area. We'd like to get out of the metro area and wondered which direction has some interesting roads or sights.
Thanks in advance

Old 01-20-2014, 08:20 PM
BamBusa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey hey...welcome to Florida!!! I live in Orlando, but I Google'd around and found a route that looks like it's perfect for a daytrip:
http://www.motowhere.com/listpaths/c.../131/city/7691

It's about 205 miles, so you can mark a turn around point anywhere along the route. I hope it gives you an option and if so, enjoy!!

****There's an option to change it from KM to Miles when you look at the route.

Last edited by BamBusa; 01-20-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: mileage note
Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM
PNSHVL
Tourer

Try riding thru the Ocala National Forest.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
anonymous_1
Tourer

When we were down there we rented a 13 Road Glide for the day and ended up going to Sarasota. That was pretty cool, rode across that giant bridge which was really interesting. Nerve racking too. We couldn't figure out what we wanted to do up there so we ended up catching a movie and some lunch and headed back since it was starting to sprinkle and we wanted to get ahead of it. Good luck man, hope you have a good ride.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Fairshake
Cruiser
Default Clearwater

Go South over the Skyway Bridge and find your way to the area around Long Boat Key. There is a place that is off the main road that goes down a dirt road that leads to a resturant and boat rental. Much better than going North. I lived in Clearwater for over 5 years. I guess you rented from Fletchers. Later Fairshake

Old 01-21-2014, 10:44 AM
collin
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A nice ride would be go south on gulf blvd, check out Pass a grill then come north and make a right at the Don CeSar, check out Fort Desoto. Then take a ride over the Sunshine skyway into Sarasota, hop on hwy 41 (Tamiami Trl.) go south into Venice 2224 S. Tamiami Trl. that is a free car museum (Ideal Classic Cars) if your into that. A nice waterfront restaurant that we frequent is O'maddy's in Gulfport on Shore blvd.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ybor City; there is a brewery besides Yeungling that has craft brews and cigars in or nearby.
There is also the Salvatore Dali museum and I think there is an Edison museum nearby too.

Tampa Bay / Clearwater are the same basic area. Check Full Throttle magazine website; they are the local biker mag on the west coast, they have all the ads for events and bars.
You can probably score a copy at an HD dealer in Tampa.

Clearwater is awesome, but miles from the Ocala Forrest. Expect crazy *** drivers and delays if traveling in I-4.

Good luck and enjoy!

Old 01-21-2014, 11:41 AM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Either go NE to Pasco/Hernando County, or SE to Manatee/sarasota County. The roads east of the bay area have much less traffic and some good scenery. Our common lunch ride is the Nav-a-Gator down in Pt Charlotte. On the back roads, it's a little over 200 miles round trip. Ocala is a couple hour ride from here if you can avoid the traffic. We do the beach ride here in Pinellas quite often. It's a short ride, maybe an hour each way. I find it's too short. My goal is usually to get out of this area where there is less traffic and red lights.

Wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have hooked up with you for a ride today.

Last edited by slapshot12; 01-21-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:05 PM
jmcdermit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fort Desoto

Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 PM
collin
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If your going to be here over the weekend their is a biker builder invitational at Quaker steak in Clearwater

Florida Motorcycle Expo & Bike Builder Invitational - Clearwater, FL 0 Comments
Florida Full Throttle - Quaker Steak and LubeJANUARY 24th-26th - FLORIDA MOTORCYCLE EXPO AND BIKE BUILDER INVITAIONAL!!!!Check out almost 50 custom bikes going for $20,000 in cash and prizes in the Largest cash and prize bike show in the USA at this time judged by the International Master Bike Builders Association!!!! Also, live bands all weekend long on the Jager stage, 100's of vendors, The $1,000 MISS FULL THROTTLE BIKINI CONTEST, $100 an hour cash give away sponsored by St Pete Powersports ($2,000 over the weekend) ride in bike show on Sunday, LED bike show Friday night & Burlesque Show by Le Teaze Burlesque Troupe, also come out and meet Paul Sr. and Rick Petko from Orange County Choppers on CMT and much much more! All Happening at Quaker Steak & Lube Clearwater FL and sponsored by Law Offices of Fran M. Haasch, Walker Ford Company, IAAI, Jim's Harley-Davidson, Continental Wholesale Diamonds and many more!!! All the great events will be happening at Quaker Steak and Lube 10400 49th Street N. Clearwater, FL

Attached Thumbnails Clearwater Beach Fl daytrip suggestions-back-2-small.jpg