Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

american custom slip on bomber mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:51 PM
tagalongtrouble
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default american custom slip on bomber mufflers

http://www.americancustom.com/checkout/cart/

Anyone have any feedback on these? Just the mufflers? Under FAQ they claim no remapping required. Sure my new 14 SGS 103" mill is gonna be plenty powerful for me, just mught be looking for a bit more sound/road presence and love to minimize need for dealer service to re-calibrate-dyno etc. Anyone??

Old 01-20-2014, 02:08 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

I put the bombers (with the mid range baffles) on my 09 Road King (stock air filter) but I got a slight decel pop with engine braking, so I put on a V&H Fuelpak. Problem solved! I have since drilled out extra holes in the baffles for a slightly louder / lower sound. I don't know anything in regard to the 2014's, but I will add that if you are going to do ANYTHING beyond air filter and exhaust, the Fuelpak would be a waste. You would want something more tuneable and more easily adjusted.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,628 Posts

i have a set on mine with no baffles in them, running fl-vied-10 set at %50 and it runs good with no popping in exhaust. anything more than pipes and air cleaner you need a tuner. i like my setup and it was cheap. 12 streetglide

Old 01-20-2014, 03:10 PM
biker_ded
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running them on my '14 Ultra-no baffles. No popping, runs absolutely wonderful as is. Nice deep rumble and can still easily hear radio. If anything, they could be a little louder without the baffles to suit me.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:23 PM
RebelBugler
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the American Custom Bombers and Powerflex headers on my 2012 RK and love the sound and performance boost. No additional tuning should be required unless you upgrade your air cleaner.

American Iron Magazine did a review on the American Custom complete exhaust upgrade and provided dyno results for the system with the various baffles.

If anyone is going to Daytona, American Custom generally has their crew there and will install systems on site at great prices. I had my system installed there last year and couldn't be more pleased.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
tagalongtrouble
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RebelBugler
I've got the American Custom Bombers and Powerflex headers on my 2012 RK and love the sound and performance boost. No additional tuning should be required unless you upgrade your air cleaner.

American Iron Magazine did a review on the American Custom complete exhaust upgrade and provided dyno results for the system with the various baffles.

If anyone is going to Daytona, American Custom generally has their crew there and will install systems on site at great prices. I had my system installed there last year and couldn't be more pleased.
So if im goin for the slip on bombers only it should be plug and pay??

Old 01-20-2014, 04:57 PM
freedub2003
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tagalongtrouble
So if im goin for the slip on bombers only it should be plug and pay??
They are HD mufflers that have had the stock baffles/core drilled out and replaced with the American Custom baffles. They are a direct replacement. I have the Bomber series with mid baffles and I too drilled some extra holes (8 i think) in each baffle. the baffles take just a few seconds to remove.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 PM
artpe54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the Bombers with S & S power tune headers. Had it tuned with a TTS.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like mine but to me they're ridiculously loud and run like hell with the baffles removed.But I do have a Ness AC, with the mid baffles in and some extra holes drilled in them it sounds good to me.That said I never tried them with the stock AC or with a cat in the header probably work just fine.Even if it doesn't you an always add the baffles later.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 PM
kpb46
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set on my SGS. no other mods. Sounds great and runs great. Some minor decell popping occasionally. Nothing that bothers me. Call them they are great to deal with. I have the loudest baffle option.

Quick Reply: american custom slip on bomber mufflers