Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

american custom slip on bomber mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 PM
kegrill
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them on my '12 RK with no other upgrades. Run fine, no popping on decel. I wasn't sure the sound was what I wanted at first but after a few months the tone mellowed a little. Or I just got used to them. Either way they are fine for me and didnt break my budget.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
tagalongtrouble
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kegrill
I have them on my '12 RK with no other upgrades. Run fine, no popping on decel. I wasn't sure the sound was what I wanted at first but after a few months the tone mellowed a little. Or I just got used to them. Either way they are fine for me and didnt break my budget.
yes thanks to all who speak up to my post-and im not bashful to say spendng 20k+ for a motorcycle although within my reach causes pause for me to sink another g-note on a new xhaust when i already got one so im convinced to go forward on these-

Old 01-20-2014, 09:39 PM
RebelBugler
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tagalongtrouble
So if im goin for the slip on bombers only it should be plug and pay??
Definitely, plug and pay with no add'l tuning required

Old 01-20-2014, 11:55 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

NOT definitely plug and play! It will depend on your individual bike. They are all a little bit different.

Got a set sitting in the garage now. Bought with the mid-rumble baffles. Nice tone, but with the occasional decel pop. I wanted just a little louder. Pulled the baffles out and the decel pop was out of control. And, it would out and out backfire on occasion. Drilled six more holes in the baffles to get the sound I wanted. Problem, decel pop. Planned to get the stage 1 download from the dealer since everything else was stock. Before I could do that and test, ran across a great deal on my Monster Rounds. Still got some decel pop with those, but they sound great and the bike runs great after going ahead with the download.