Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG Seat Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:54 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SG Seat Question...

I have afew questions about the StreetGlide seat... I put 285 miles on thursday, and my Butt was sore a can be, I had to lift off the seat for releif.. then had to stop at my sisters house
on the way home and get off for a while... Is this a problem of other Streetglide owners?

Also, I really like the Roadking two piece studded seat, and will it fit the SG?

Is this a more padded seat?

Can the seat on the Streetglide be fixed for more comfort?

Altho 59 from cleaveland is a really bumpy freeway...

Don't remember the 06 Ultra causing this...

Old 03-18-2007, 09:12 AM
103FLHX
Road Master
Default RE: SG Seat Question...

I found same after looong ride.

After much searching this winter, ordered a Corbin Dual Touring. Got it on, but not taken spring, maiden voyage yet.

Apparently takes 1000 mile breakin. Will hopefully have a comfort report soon!

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 03-18-2007, 09:47 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't have any problems with the stock SG seat for any of my trips (put a 1000 miles on it in one weekend). But I was used to the Dyna seat going to Sturgis, that was uncomfortable for sure. I had gell put in that seat in Sturgis. But, I could see if you were used to a Ultra seat that the SG seat would seem uncomfortable. BTW I just ordered a solo Mustang seat for the real long hauls and I hope it looks cool too. These seat will fit the SG
97-07 ROAD KING (FLHR/FLHRI), 97-05 SCREAMING EAGLE
ROAD KING (FLHRSE/FLHRSEI)

Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

pitch it....they suck....get a Corbin and be done with it...dont even try a seat mod, just money down the drain altho it did help some...pitch it in the ditch man...get the Corbin

Old 03-18-2007, 12:58 PM
jrudicel
Road Captain

Richard,
As been mentioned in previous threads, you may want to consider having your seat modified by Allen at Mean City Cycles. He is a sponser on this site and his website is www.menacitycycles.com I have a 2006 StreetGlide and am 290 lbs and 6' tall.. Also had a tailbone broke in the past. Riding very much killed my back and butt as well. Recently had Allen do his "mod" for me which was a reshape for like 40.00 plus shipping. He can do memory foam for 85.00 plus shipping as well. Anyways, got it back here in Indianaand put it on right before we loaded up to go to Daytona. After some trouble with the bikes in the trailer(long story)...I got pi$$ed off andunloaded mine in Nashville TN and ended up riding mine from 10am until 8:30pm that night to get where we were going. Only stopped every 160 miles or so to fill up and get right back on and keep going. Over 10 hours and over 700 miles and my butt didnt kill me at all. It obviously worked as i could not have dreamed of riding that long or far in one day before.. Would be a cheap fix if you like the looks of the seat otherwise. He can also lower you in the seat, move you back or whatever you need. You wont be disappointed! Good luck.
Jody

Old 03-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Smokun
Advanced

www.meancitycycles.com

Old 03-18-2007, 01:21 PM
jrudicel
Road Captain

Thanks Smokun....Damn typo errors!

Old 03-18-2007, 06:30 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I bought an 2006 SG in July 06, I was planing a ride across Canada a week later. I thought the stock seat was fine to sit on so I took off on a 1000 mile trip to break in the bike before my 8000 mile trip. I got 60 miles from home and called my wife and told her to get on the internet and get me a Corbin Touring seat sent in express (I didn't care what it cost) She did and I have been HAPPY ever since. All of my previous bikes have had the Corbin seat but I thought I could save the money and that the stock felt pretty good WRONG.

It might be OK for around town, but this is a touring bike.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Cajati
Cruiser

I did a 200 mile trip just before the weather turned this fall on the stock seat and I didn't have a problem, but because I mailnly ride solo I wanted to get ta good looking and comfortable solo seat. I got a Dany Gray Big Seat made specifically for the SG. I called them directly and ordered the seat with semi custom stitching and biker gel. The Big Seat also incorporates Danny Gray's buttcrack design. I put it on and love the way it looks and it felt extremely comfortable on the very limited rides I've taken around town. I'll have to wait until the weather finally brakes to get a good long ride in, but initial impression so far is awesome. Sherry at DG was great to deal with and the seat was in my possession a week before they're expescted delivery time. I don't have pics on this computer, but I can send one later if you like. In the mean time here;s their web site. Good Luck.
http://www.dannygray.com

Old 03-18-2007, 08:04 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

Thanks fellas for all the suggestions, I've decided to go with the Corbin 2 Up Touring seat I like the stiching and the fact it's Leather..

Anyone using this seat? I like the chrome accent on the back of it.. and the flame stiching...

Here'S a link to have a look, can't copy pics on there site...

http://www.corbin.com/harley/flhx/flhx_dt.shtml

I like the adjustable backrest also...

Well what do you think??

Quick Reply: SG Seat Question...