Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG Seat Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: SG Seat Question...

i have the Corbin Dual Tour with backrests(me & hers)...the seat mod was very nice from BadX but i was already spoiled on my Corbin...now the Danny Gray with buttcrack is also a very nice seat...if you like, i still have a C&C solo in leather with custom red stitching and the pass pillon for 225 shipped...i removed the cover and reshaped the cup in the butt area as well as made a buttcrack rise...its nice and cover is on, you'll just havta restaple it underneath if you like

Old 03-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Seawolf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some other alternatives for a lot better price.

The HD seats are actually very good seats except for the "Stock" seats they put on these bikes. You would think for the price of a new car you would get a nice seat off the floor, but you don't.

A good HD seat is the Sundowner and it's around $300. Even less on Ebay. Another solution and one I like is the Mustang sport touring seat. It's around $350 and looks low and sporty on the SG.

I have used Corbin touring seats on my Road King and other bikes and be warned it is a very hard seat. Yes it is contoured very well and helps with pressure points yadda yadda, but it's a hard seat for $600.

When I switched from Corbin to Mustang one thing I noticed was less vibration being transferred through the seat unlike the Corbin which transfers everything. Mustang is a softer seat while providing good support. It does put you about an inch higher than the Corbin, but with the backend of the SG lowered like it is you don't notice.

Try them all, that's why there is a return policy. Don't count out those HD seats though, they are very comfy.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 AM
sortasuave
Tourer

I'll second the comment on the sundowner...

I **Just** got back from doing 1000 miles in 3 days. I went out with the stock seat and the very first town I went through that had a dealership got my $$ for a sundowner. The stitching matches the stock seat (so that's either a plus or a minus depending on how you look at it). Once I had that on, I was a happy the rest of the trip.

One other thing.... I had a Corbin Touring seat on my previous bike (V-star 1100). It was a great seat, but they are pretty hard. Now that I've had a hard corbin seat and something a little softer under my butt for a little distance, I'll be sticking with the softer... So I would HIGHLY recommend trying a corbin out from a friend or a dealership before you commit to it. They have a really great product, but it's not for everyone.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I second the motion on the sundowner. Works great. Wifey loves it. Fair price. Just my .02

Old 03-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Fonzy
Intermediate

Road King seats will fit on the SG