Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift jack or Lift table, trying to decide.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Litewings
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Lift jack or Lift table, trying to decide.

Trying to decide on which one for general maintenance use. Looking at the J&S jack but some lift tables can be had for not a lot more. What do you use and what are the pros and cons of either?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:23 PM
tombeving
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both and I'll never be without the table. Changing tires are so much easier with the table and detailing your bike with the table raised is easy on your back. The only time I use my motorcycle jack is when I'm washing my bike outside.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your kinda comparing apples to oranges. The J&S jack is the top of the line jack on the market. Any table that's close to it's price is the bottom of the line table.

Tables are nice, but they take up a lot of room.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts

I picked up the harbor freight table on sale for $299. Originally thought I would only use it for maintenance but now won't even think about cleaning bike at ground level. So much easier to just lift it up. Much less wear and tear on my back and easier to get the hard to reach spots at height. You can get higher quality at a higher price, but it's a great bargain for cleaning and general maintenance. May buy a better one some day but will never be without one again.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:38 PM
FatTony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 120 Posts

If you have the space available I would definitely get a table.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I save a little space with my table by parking one of my bikes on it. I can't even remember the last time I used my jack.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:57 PM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have both. I have to reposition the table to use it so I do end up using the jack more than the table. The jack is J&S. If room is any issue at all I'd maybe look at the PitBull with the rotating table.

But when I really need the lift table it is nice to have.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:02 PM
bullpupp12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have the j&s jack. it does all i need it to. if you need to rotate your bike just push it around. i got the oil change attachment with mine

Old 01-11-2014, 04:25 PM
IWannaChop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the three hundred dollar harbor freight table, and I added the drive-in wheel chock thing. I can drive on, and just get right off the bike as the front wheel is automatically held, and the bike stands up. It comes with casters, but until I replace them with heavy duty ones, I would not attempt to move it with the bike on. Since I leave one bike parked on it, it doesn't really take up a lot of floor space.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:30 PM
wndchsr2
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tombeving
I have both and I'll never be without the table. Changing tires are so much easier with the table and detailing your bike with the table raised is easy on your back. The only time I use my motorcycle jack is when I'm washing my bike outside.
Same here..........only time jack is used is when I wash the bike or a buddies bike is on my lift for one reason or another.

Quick Reply: Lift jack or Lift table, trying to decide.