Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Street Glide Saddlebag Rails

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:27 AM
nuages
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Street Glide Saddlebag Rails

Hi, for those missing the older style and the full protection offered, HD are now
offering rear saddlebag rails for the FLHX/FLHXS...you do of course have to buy the saddlebag guards first..lol

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Street Glide Saddlebag Rails-rails.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Sofakingkev
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the style of the one piece in the front that splits into two in the back.. something about those just doesn't look right to me for some reason.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:53 AM
CaptainKirk
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Nuages and I have been going back and forth on whether these actually fit the '14 Street Glides and I've found out why........

In the P&A catalog, part number 90200561 says this:
Fits '14 Touring models (except FLHRC). FLHX and FLHXS models require the separate purchase of Chrome Saddlebag Guard Kir P/N 90200787.

On the H-D.com website (http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ag-guard-rails) part number 90200561 says this:
Fits '14 Touring models (except FLHRC, FLHRSE, FLHX and FLHXS). FLHTKSE models require separate purchase of Slotted Saddlebag Filler Strips.

So, as they say...... What the Heck HD????

Old 01-13-2014, 09:59 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm not sure they would look good on black

Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 AM
CaptainKirk
Road Master

I emailed HD through the website and asked for clarification. I'll post whatever I get back from them.......

Old 01-13-2014, 10:41 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk
Nuages and I have been going back and forth on whether these actually fit the '14 Street Glides and I've found out why........

In the P&A catalog, part number 90200561 says this:
Fits '14 Touring models (except FLHRC). FLHX and FLHXS models require the separate purchase of Chrome Saddlebag Guard Kir P/N 90200787.

On the H-D.com website (http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ag-guard-rails) part number 90200561 says this:
Fits '14 Touring models (except FLHRC, FLHRSE, FLHX and FLHXS). FLHTKSE models require separate purchase of Slotted Saddlebag Filler Strips.

So, as they say...... What the Heck HD????
They won't fit on a Street Glide because you would have to remove or cut up the fender tip light fascia for them to fit around the back of the bag. Those things would look hideous on a street glide anyway.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Brit Biker
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They will not fit. I ordered them along with the guards to be fitted before I bought the bike home. Parts / service guys caght the error so no cost to me.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:47 PM
CaptainKirk
Road Master

Well guys, I sent Harley Davidson an email asking about all this and they say they DO fit the '14 FLHX and FLHXS..... They're supposed to fix the online verbiage soon.

I don't think anyone has actually ordered them in this thread so time for a Guinea Pig (no Hog Pun intended) to step up. I won't have the $$ until after I buy my solo seat in March......

{SrvReqNo:[2184091]}
Hi Kirk,
Thanks for the heads up! The correct fitment is from the P&A catalog and these Saddlebag Guard Rails will fit a '14 FLHX and FLHXS with the additional purchase of the Chrome Saddlebag Kit P/N 90200787.
We will make the correction on the H-D Online Store site shortly.
Thanks so much,
Raquel "Rocky" Potosnyak
H-D Online Store Customer Service Team
Harley-Davidson Motor Company

Original Text

To:
store@harley-davidson.com <store@harley-davidson.com>
CC:

Sent:
01/13/14 10:26:18
Subject:
Fwd: Discrepancy Between P&A Catalog and Web Store

>
> Greetings!
>
> New 2014 Street Glide Special Owner. I like the saddlebag rails but there is a discrepancy in the fitment between the P&A catalog and the web store:
>
> In the P&A catalog, part number 90200561 says this:
> Fits '14 Touring models (except FLHRC). FLHX and FLHXS models require the separate purchase of Chrome Saddlebag Guard Kit P/N 90200787.
>
> On the H-D.com website (http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ag-guard-rails) part number 90200561 says this:
> Fits '14 Touring models (except FLHRC, FLHRSE, FLHX and FLHXS). FLHTKSE models require separate purchase of Slotted Saddlebag Filler Strips.
>
> Please confirm fitment for the FLHX and FLHXS. There’s a lot of interest on the hdforums but we don’t know if they will really fit.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kirk

Old 01-14-2014, 06:28 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk
Well guys, I sent Harley Davidson an email asking about all this and they say they DO fit the '14 FLHX and FLHXS..... They're supposed to fix the online verbiage soon.

I don't think anyone has actually ordered them in this thread so time for a Guinea Pig (no Hog Pun intended) to step up. I won't have the $$ until after I buy my solo seat in March......
Will they bolt on to the bike...yes.

Will they bolt on to the bike without modification or removal of the rear fender tip light fascia...no.

All you have to do is look at the instruction sheet and you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J05598.pdf

Last edited by craigffb; 01-14-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:42 PM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Just the Guard in front of the bag wouldn't look to bad, but the complete wrap around would NOT look good IMHO.
Plus you would either have to remove or modify the rear fascia to make the wrap around work. Like craigffb said: "Those things would look hideous on a Street Glide!".....

Quick Reply: 2014 Street Glide Saddlebag Rails