Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Grills for CVO lowers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Magnus01
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Grills for CVO lowers

I have searched for other threads regarding this topic and have read them all. For some reason I cannot view the pictures in the threads that are attached. I purchased the Fosgate T165 speakers to install into the lowers. Just realized the grills don't fit and came straight to the forum. I know Yaffe sells a bunch of Fosgate... does everyone have to modify the grills? I did see some pics of the Focal speakers with the Focal grills. Does anyone have pics of the T165s with the Harley grills? I would love to see the pics that are posted of the modified Fosgate grills if they can be reposted.

Thank you all for your time.

Magnus

Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 AM
jayhawkclint
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Are the grilles different than the punch series? They look the same in the pics. This is a Fosgate Punch series in a CVO lower with no modification to either:

Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 AM
rockajet1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In which way don't they fit? I have the Focal 6 1/2" coax's in my CVO speaker boxes. The Focal grilles were slightly small in diameter, so I wrapped the grille edge with a few layers of rubberized electrical tape and they friction fit in perfectly and don't budge. The tape is black and you cannot see it even up close. Just some food for thought.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:59 AM
SIX6ONE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also used Focal grills I got on eBay for 6.5 speakers. I have the polks in my lowers. I know harley sells grills that will fit but they were pricey $$.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Magnus01
6th Gear

Thank you for the info. Interesting to see the Punch series all mounted up with no mods. The Power series grill is just a pinch too big for the hole. One forum poster said he had to shave an 1/8 off the hole and trim the depth of the grill.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:55 PM
jayhawkclint
Tourer

Originally Posted by Magnus01
Thank you for the info. Interesting to see the Punch series all mounted up with no mods. The Power series grill is just a pinch too big for the hole. One forum poster said he had to shave an 1/8 off the hole and trim the depth of the grill.
Maybe just buy some punch series grilles and drill new holes? Probably get some for cheap, wouldn't be a big loss if they didn't work out.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:59 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

those are definitely cheaper than the CVO grills.

CVO grills are $37 each plus $2 for each screw if you want HD screws.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Magnus01
6th Gear

I talked to tech support at Rockford Fosgate today. I can order the Punch grills for $18 for the set. I think Ill try it. Sounds like the Punch grills will cover the T165s just fine. Ill let you all know. I know lots of people use Fosgate.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:01 PM
jayhawkclint
Tourer

Originally Posted by Magnus01
I talked to tech support at Rockford Fosgate today. I can order the Punch grills for $18 for the set. I think Ill try it. Sounds like the Punch grills will cover the T165s just fine. Ill let you all know. I know lots of people use Fosgate.
At my local car audio shop there is a bin of mix and match grilles for $10/pair. If you have a similar place in town, might consider just riding the bike up and trying out grilles 'till you find a set that works for you.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:09 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wanted CVO grills, that why i swap my RF speakers to others ones...

Quick Reply: Speaker Grills for CVO lowers