Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Auxiliary Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:53 PM
MikeMihelich
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Auxiliary Lights

I'm looking for some yellow auxiliary lights for my ultra. The stock white onesare sealed beams so I don't believe a bulb change will work. I've seen them once on another bike but have no idea who sells them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-17-2007, 06:44 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Yellow Auxiliary Lights

Hi Mike!

My 05 Ultra had crappy passing lamps so I replaced them with HD P/N 68208-98A Halogen's. I tossed the bulbs and replaced them with PIAA Ion Crystal Yellow Bulbs 55W - H3 - 13556. Got these on eBay for $44.99 delivered. I could have gone to a higher wattage bulb but I have concerns about heat dissipation. The Yellow is great in that it illuminates and reduces glare from the road signs. They also are more noticeable in the daytime by oncoming traffic.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:47 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

You can get them at NAPA. Just go in and tell them you want a pair of amber 4 1/2" spotlamps. They most likely will be Wagner brand and set you back about 9 bucks each. The number is 4415.

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/cg...&oid=45495

Old 03-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain

Those auxiliary lights on the Ultras are not a sealed bulb. Take them out and using a razor knife carefully cut the rubber seal right next to the glass reflector. Once you got that cut, pull the rubber protector off and you'll be able to get at the spring clips that hold in the halogen bulbs. At least this is how my '02 Ultra was...

Old 03-17-2007, 08:24 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[:-]The 05 Ultra is a sealed beam! P/N 68847-97A. The 06 is not. I do not know about the 07. My guess would be the 07 is not a sealed beam but that's easy enough to determine. The 05 Sealed Beam has no rubber boot! Makes no difference. If it's sealed then you'll need the P/N I provided above. But to Lil Trukr's point, if it's not a sealed beam then you'll need to usea razor carefully as he said.

ORIGINAL: Lil Truckr

Those auxiliary lights on the Ultras are not a sealed bulb. Take them out and using a razor knife carefully cut the rubber seal right next to the glass reflector. Once you got that cut, pull the rubber protector off and you'll be able to get at the spring clips that hold in the halogen bulbs. At least this is how my '02 Ultra was...

Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

interesting, I'm looking for amber sealed beam lights

Old 11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

J & P Cycles has the amber sealed beams.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:33 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Daniel Stern @ http://www.danielsternlighting.com/ This guy is the best their is. email him and give him a day or so to get back to you. I've never met anyone who knows lights like he does. Tell him JCBPA sent you. I get nothing but I like the guy and want to see him do well. He set me up with Cibie and bulbs and man what a difference. Best JCBPA

Old 11-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ran a pair of Wagner 4412A fog lamps on my last bike.
These are an Amber 35 watt , screw terminal , PAR46 , sealed beam.
I had to cut the wires carefully , and added ring terminal ends for these beams.
If you cut the wires properly , you can solder the old ends back on if you don't like them and go back to stock if needed.
Being fog lamps , there is a sharp vertical cutoff , which makes aiming critical (as with all lights).
I got a lot of compliments when day riding from other riders , night visibility (for the rider)was slightly less than the stock beams on my 06 FLHT.
They're cheap enough to try.
Mick

Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

These work really well, and there removable!

http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/harleyhdg.html

Quick Reply: Yellow Auxiliary Lights