Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eBay Chinese fairings

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:24 PM
toketee
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eBay Chinese fairings

Ordered the fairings over a month ago, when I read so much good here about them. They came with spots from wrapping bubble wrap before the paint was dry, I agreed to rub them outas I was getting ready for a real cold toy run ride and wanted them on. Went to put them on and one of the standoffs on the glovebox was crooked, more than a hole off. I knew it would break if I forced it, called ts helmet, got someone I couldn't understand and he couldn't understand me. I started emailinng, they asked for pics. Which I sent. They offered me $12 to get it fixed locally, that wasn't possible. Next I had to pay shipping to send back their bad part. They wouldn't send another till they got the orig. Then they sent me aused one that someone had used too large of screws and split the standoffs. After filing a case with eBay and going back and forth, more pic., ect. After 3 more weeks they offered me $30 to get it fixed locally. They wore me down and I took it and will glue the standoffs and wrap them tightly with tape. Not a good experience with this vendor, just a heads up.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 PM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You need to put their eBay name on here so people will know who they are. There's only one thing worst than getting screwed and that's getting screwed by some Chinese junk making *****. I know it's hard to find stuff that isn't made there but I sure try. Hope the repair works out for ya.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Turret_plug
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The name is TMShelmet...... And they absolutely suck! I've had a poor experience with them on a few purchases

Old 01-07-2014, 05:17 PM
thirstybob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a set from them that stated they fit 1983 to present which was not the case. I contacted them through ebay and they agreed to a full refund. I shipped them back but it wasn't to China, somewhere in Michigan I think. I had a full refund less the $25 return shipping pretty quickly.
Luckily mine turned out better. Sorry about your situation. Frustrating to say the least. I certainly won't make that mistake again.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the reason that I will read the feed back that gets left before I buy from anyone on there.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:30 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought a set of lowers from TMShelment, knowing that there were no instructions, and no hardware. Mine turned out great. Overall, very good experience, and when I went through it a few months ago, there were a number of Forum members that did the same. I don't remember any difficulties with others. Sorry to hear about your issues. It was a great buy for me.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:40 PM
DenimBlackFLHXS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really

12 bucks to get fixed locally cant even get breakfast for that let alone a body/paint guy to fix some crappy made chinese pos.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:57 PM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DenimBlackFLHXS
12 bucks to get fixed locally cant even get breakfast for that let alone a body/paint guy to fix some crappy made chinese pos.
lol thats what I was thinking who would even look at them for 12 bucks.....

Old 01-08-2014, 08:44 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought an engine guard for the wife's Sporty from them and it fit like crap and the chrome looked bad too. I had to elongate two of the mounting holes and bend one of the mounting tabs. They reimbursed me half the cost to keep it. I'm glad I didn't pay much for it to begin with. Lesson learned.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Deadstroke
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turret_plug
The name is TMShelmet...... And they absolutely suck! I've had a poor experience with them on a few purchases
Same experience, Bought a roadglide fairing from them and it had no mounting points inside and didnt even fit the headlight. They offered me 30 bucks and I keep the fairing..

I contested with paypal got a full refund and shipping back.. stay away from them.

Quick Reply: eBay Chinese fairings