Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog tunes speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hog tunes speakers

ORIGINAL: slojoh

are they worth the money? alot better than stockones?
Just go buy them, you will come back after and thank us for it.

Bob

Old 03-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Dougyfd
Intermediate

The stock speakers on the 06's & 07's are excellent! You're either hearing impaired or your pipes are too loud if you need to change them. Again I see people boasting about Mr Pez & his overated hog tunes. Mostly they rave about his warranty, but as I've stated before, put more quality into the product & the warranty becomes a lot less important!

Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey there Voododrug, you don't have to apologize for any sponsor comments, certainly not to me, it just amazed me to hear anyone happy with the bass they get out of a stock set up. Hell if you like em that's all that counts...to me it's the one thing that the sound could use but I run a detacheable Tour-pak, and ain't ready to give up half a sidebag so a sub is kinda out of the question for me I guess

Old 03-17-2007, 06:40 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

now that i think abaout it a friend i rode down to daytona last week has howg tunes and really did not notice anything to write about riding along side his bike?humm imo its also the reason I am ok with low quality mp3's instaead of sat. cause really dont need supper quality on a bike. just loud enough.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sleeps In Trees

I have the 4 Hogtunes speakers in my FLHTCUI & the sound IS better than stock, butstill starts breaking up somewhere past 1/2 volume. Anyone have experience w/Pez's amp? Does it add appreciable clarity & bass to his speakers?
Do you have the HK unit ('06 & '07) in your bike? If so, try flashing to 8.19, which on my '07 SG produced more tolerance for volume without distortion. The old 8.11 flash was terrible. FWIW, the new flash also fixes the unit's failure to remember the mode it was in at last shutdown. You can get it here:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/cp/moar/en/software.asp

The Hogtunes amp is rated at 48w/channel, while the stock HK unit is 40w. I inquired about that here and those who've done it claim it doesn't make much difference.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

My bike is an '02 model, donno what the wattage is on the stereo.

VicW.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:34 PM
tullious
Intermediate

I bought a used '03 Aniversary Edition Ultra Classic last August. Around 60 mph the sound started to become distorted. Terrible around 70...

I finally decided to replace the front and rear speakers with J&M. When I received them from my wife for my Birthday (love ya honey), I was shocked to discover that I had Hog Tunes speakers in my ride! The speakers are listed at 5.75 Ohms (usual rating and not 2, 4 or 8 Ohms).

For the record I have an OEM 8 Ohm system that drives the speakers.

So I went and replaced the Hog Tunes with the new J&M speakers. Wow what a difference at higher speeds! At low speeds up to45 mph they sound very similar but the J&M sound cleaner at higher speeds since they are listed at 8 Ohms in lieu of 5.75 Ohms so they are a perfect match to my 8 Ohm sound system. The J&M front speakers are a basic low-tech component type with a separate mid-bass speaker plus atweeter mounted in the supplied grills instead of a traditional two-way, one-piece design by Hog Tunes.

I'm not sure which system you have but I am now selling these Hog Tunes speakers.

Any offers???