Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maui Harley rental

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Fullcurl
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maui Harley rental

Heading to Maui the end of February and want to rent a Harley for a day or two, any recommendations on rental outfits ? I see there are a few.
Thanks RL

Old 01-03-2014, 10:11 AM
ad2
Cruiser

Rent from the Harley shop in town. I made a mistake and rented from another place, the bikes were in rough condition.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 AM
RCinLaveen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In June of '07, we rented an Ultra. Memory fails me when trying to remember the name of the business, but it was an independent shop, and they delivered the bikes on a truck (a friend rented one too) with helmets included, to our hotel and picked up at hotel when we were done. We had a good experience with them.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:24 AM
SBW Cycles
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from a cruise in November, There's CycleCity in Maui that rents bikes they were in good shape. Do the Road to Hana and climb Mt. Haleakala. It will take 12 plus hours to do both. Be sure to dress properly for Mt. Haleakala is very cold at the 10,000 plus elevation.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:26 AM
DwightAH
Novice

I used Eagleriders near Lahaina last Spring. They have a decent selection of Harley-Davidsons. I would not call them inexpensive.

Dwight

Old 01-03-2014, 10:38 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

How much to rent for a day I'm going to be in Maui for a week in July.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Dozer40
Road Warrior
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by DwightAH
I used Eagleriders near Lahaina last Spring. They have a decent selection of Harley-Davidsons. I would not call them inexpensive.

Dwight
I rented from Eagleriders a couple of years ago. They gave me a rate on an extra day for bad weather.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:46 AM
jrrarr
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wife and I rented in Maui for a day last winter. Picked it up at the Harley store in Lahiana. The place was more of a "satellite" store, not very big (I think a converted gas station), but the folks were nice and the Electra Glide we got was first rate. Harley has pretty stringent rules about miles and model years for their rental fleet and I've never gotten junk from a Harley dealer. I had the distinct impression that the Harley "dealers" on Maui and Oahu were all under the same ownership, the confirmation call for my rental came from Oahu. If you don't get any feedback about some of the alternatives on Maui, I'd stick with a Harley dealership and I don't think it matters which one.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:03 AM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends which part of the island you're staying on. Done it a few times this past year.

If on Kihei side then the main Harley dealer is closest by 45 mins-1 hour.
If up towards Lahaina etc they have that satellite dealer jrrar mentioned, as well as eagle riders a little further past that's closer to Kapalua.

Rented from both the main dealer and the Lahaina branch, Street Glides and Ultra Classics. Bikes were in decent shape, never had an issue mechanically.

Road to Hana is a pita on a bagger, be a gas on a sporty or a vrod tho lol.
Don't expect riding like the mainland be my advice. Think the highest speed limit is 55 in a couple spots. Hana for example you'll get third gear maybe twice, mostly first and second gear stuff. Crooked as a dogs hind leg.

Expect lots of traffic and prepare yourself to "take it easy", meaning no matter how many cars you pass to get in front, there's always another hundred or so to go hahaha.

That being said, it's never a bad thing to be on a bike in the middle of the winter!

Old 01-03-2014, 11:31 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ejvette
How much to rent for a day I'm going to be in Maui for a week in July.
99 for a Sporty to 159 for a bagger from cycle City (HD Dealer on Maui and Oahu) call ahead and get it confirmed. Bikes have always been in good shape, Ive done 1 day rentals from them a couple times to break up the beach days

Quick Reply: Maui Harley rental