Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes with stretch fender and bags?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:46 AM
2 Evil
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipes with stretch fender and bags?

I have Rinehart 4" true duals on my Road King. Just installed 4" fender and bags. What pipes are you guys running? I am going to swap pipes because the Rineharts don't come past the fender. Just want to get ideas. Slash cuts are in my head, but which ones? If I can get slip ons that will work with the headers that would save me some dough.
Thanks

Sent while riding!

Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with jackpot slash up from fuel moto

I can post pic after I get home tonight

Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 PM
ukcatsfan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Evil
I have Rinehart 4" true duals on my Road King. Just installed 4" fender and bags. What pipes are you guys running? I am going to swap pipes because the Rineharts don't come past the fender. Just want to get ideas. Slash cuts are in my head, but which ones? If I can get slip ons that will work with the headers that would save me some dough.
Thanks

Sent while riding!
I went with 4" Rush Big Louie's on my 2013 street glide and I'm pretty happy with them. Next week I'm going with the rest of the true dual Rush exhaust, tuner and air cleaner set up.

Attached Thumbnails Pipes with stretch fender and bags?-img_1428.jpg   Pipes with stretch fender and bags?-img_1429.jpg  
Old 01-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Evil
Thanks

Sent while riding!
If you have the entire Rinehart set up, you can't use most aftermarket slip ons. Your headers are 2" and everything is pretty much 1.75". The only ones I can think of off the top of my head that would work are the MGS ones designed for MGS headers (2" as well)...

Old 01-03-2014, 02:02 PM
freedub2003
Tourer

I just got some American Custom. They use factory exhaust (mufflers) and drill the baffles out and replace them with interchangeable baffles of your chioce. I got the slash up to line up with the bags.
They are cheaper than others and sound good. I got the mid baffle and drilled some more holes in it, sounds good now.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed the MGS slip ons and really like the look and had posted some pictures on a thread I started several months ago. Love the look and quality of the pipes.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...d-fenders.html

Old 01-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

These are Vance & Hines High Outputs. Changing to Rush Big Louie Slash-Ups because I want the pipes & bags flush --- I don't want pipes extending out beyond the bags.

Attached Thumbnails Pipes with stretch fender and bags?-jims-bike3.jpg  
Old 01-03-2014, 04:17 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You should be able to just switch out the end caps Eastern and JP sell them, i have them on mine!!
Not the ones in my picture!!

Old 01-03-2014, 06:33 PM
2 Evil
Cruiser

Thanks gang. I think I want the Big Louie slash up pipes. That's the tips I thought I might be able to get but I was wrong. Rinehart pipes are 2" at the muffler joint so I am limited. This sucks ***! New pipes are in my future. I should have left it stock lol

Sent while riding!

Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 PM
09Bonescanada
Advanced

I put cfrs on mine with the stretched bags and fender cover...they just stickout past the bags by about an inch or so...I post a pic but cant figure out how....

Quick Reply: Pipes with stretch fender and bags?