Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleveland Dealers ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 PM
tacoma12
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cleveland Dealers ?

I have a 2014 limited and and am moving to west Cleveland. Any suggestions for great service ? Sorry if this is not in the right section.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:55 PM
captbom1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a dealer but a GREAT indy is Delzani Cycle located in Rocky River.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:01 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like Cleveland Harley on Lorain Rd. It's a not a big fancy dealership by any means. If I'm not mistaken, they are one of the oldest (1929). They are good people. The service and parts people seem to really know their stuff. Lake Erie in Avon is a nice (and much newer) dealership, but I don't have any real experience with them other than buying some parts and clothes from them. On a different topic, Lake Erie does an awesome toy run in the summer. Last year I think they had about 1,000 bikes.

Last edited by mwegryn; 01-02-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:44 PM
jruggs73
Cruiser

Southeast HD is a newer dealer off of 480. I bought some items from them in November when I went to visit the family. They seemed nice but I can't say anything about the service dept.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:28 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Southeast has been around for a while, they've just done some remodeling and adding on. They are on the east side, but they are nice folks. We are lucky in Cleveland to have 3 or 4 dealers within a 1/2 hour or so ride. I haven't heard much praise about Mad River out in Sandusky though.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 AM
CRocks
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Are you a QB? If so I'll service yer bike for nothin

Cleveland Harley you best shot. SE HD a great place, but way over on the SE side of town. When yah start ridin, head south for some great hills, twisties, + country scenery.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 AM
lakedrum03
Cruiser

Depending on how far you want to ride, I suggest Rubber City Harley in Akron.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Mfd6049
Novice

southeast harley

Old 01-02-2014, 02:52 PM
95yj
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Southeast Harley has been around for a long time and they have always treated me right. I've heard decent things about Lorain Avenue Harley also but have no experience there.

I went to Century in Medina one time because I needed service within a day around labor day weekend four years back and Southeast couldn't get me in. I purchased a used bike and needed to ride it to Florida to ship it. I needed a front tire and needed someone to go over the bike as I had no tools with me so I scheduled a 5000 mile maintenance with Century. When replacing the front tire, I asked them to look at the rim and everything because the old tire was cupped really bad and the front end had a terrible wobble if you took your hands off the steering. I also asked them to check out the bike for anything that could cause problems on the trip.They quoted me around $550 for the new tire and the maintenance with Amsoil in all three holes.

A couple hours into the service they came out and told me the price wasn't $550, it was $750 because the guy who quoted me forgot to charge for a tire strap, an inner tube and only quoted Amsoil in the engine. Not sure how that added to an additional $200 but I bargained with them and paid $630.

Now the kicker. 200 miles down the road I pick up a ticking from what I thought was the engine. Checked the oil, everything seemed fine but couldn't figure out what was ticking. When I got the bike home and went over it, it turned out the ticking was the main bearing in the tranny. The tranny only had 16 oz of oil in it while it's supposed to have 24. The trans has never leaked and I park it on a white tile floor in my living room so Century didn't fill the tranny. Either they thought the tranny was older than a '93 and thought it took 16oz or else the tech got stopped from putting Amsoil in when the service manager came out to change the price on me. I replaced the main bearing about 6 months later. I am currently rebuilding the entire tranny four years later because I lost fifth gear (unrelated) and the tranny has always had bearing noise since after the service. All three shifter forks are slightly burnt from no lubrication. The other three shaft bearings are not the best although the needle bearings are fine.

Also, the front rim had a ding in it where it looked like someone hit a curb from the side. The wobble was much better with the new tire but the tire wore in the same pattern. Century didn't mention a thing about the rim even though I asked them to check it.

It might have been a one time screw up by Century, but on my bike, one time is one time too many. My opinion, go to Southeast and stay away from Century.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:07 PM
tacoma12
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks all for the great advice. Really helps when moving into a new area.

Quick Reply: Cleveland Dealers ?