Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 SG Special speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Energy-Dude
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2014's come stock with 6.5" speakers in the fairing.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:52 AM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Energy-Dude
2014's come stock with 6.5" speakers in the fairing.
Well Not Exactly..... They come with a 6.5" hole but the speaker itself is still 5" with a big flange on it to fill the space.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:52 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

May want to check out the audio section...

Old 12-31-2013, 11:12 AM
onedae
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI -I upgraded to the Boom 6.5" speakers only; NOT the amp. Result was terrible. Although the P&A book doesn't say that you need an amp with the upgraded speakers - you really do. I have not heard the upgraded speakers with the Boom amp but for their price there is better equipment to be had. So if you are planning on changing speakers only, the HD Boom speaker upgrade is not the way to go. I changed back to my stock 5.25" speakers and the stock system is pretty decent. I am waiting a bit to change anything to see what the aftermarket offers.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:36 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
J&M products in my opinion SUCK, people who don't know about true sounds usually make the mistake of buying J&M audio. Trust me I did, once I started to listening to the music as I rode I started to feel that all that I was listening to was just noise and not "GOOD" quality music. So I kept the J&M amp and removed the J&M crappy POS speakers and went with Biketronics speakers. Wow, HUGE!!! Improvement over J&M products...

You are entitled to your opinion but when you say "people who don't know about true sounds usually make the mistake of buying J&M audio" you are sounding presumptuous and arrogant. How the heck do you have any idea whether or not I know true quality sounds. The J&M amp was a big win for me, quality sound, quality mounting plate and quality people to deal with. The end result was very good sound quality that I can hear and any speed I ride at. I could go on and on but I have a feeling you are not the kind of guy who is really going to listen to my experience.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:27 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

J&Ms latest video on the ROKKER XX speakers and amps for the 2014 Harleys is here ,,,,

Old 01-02-2014, 04:19 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onedae
FYI -I upgraded to the Boom 6.5" speakers only; NOT the amp. Result was terrible. Although the P&A book doesn't say that you need an amp with the upgraded speakers - you really do. I have not heard the upgraded speakers with the Boom amp but for their price there is better equipment to be had. So if you are planning on changing speakers only, the HD Boom speaker upgrade is not the way to go. I changed back to my stock 5.25" speakers and the stock system is pretty decent. I am waiting a bit to change anything to see what the aftermarket offers.
I had just the opposite experience. I think the 6.5 Boom upgrade speakers, no amp, were a noticeable improvement. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:09 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

John/JM. Is it ok to use the automatic volume control specifically on the 2014 with the J&M amp?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:16 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Sam ,,,,,,

yes ,, not a problem with the AVC ,,,,,,

ALL J&M ROKKER XTP programmable DSP amps will work perfectly with the Harley AVC (Auto volume control) for Harley model years 2006-2014 ,,,,,

for the 2014 models see http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=49 ,,,,

Last edited by JMJOHN; 01-02-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: forgot a link
Old 01-03-2014, 10:13 AM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
You are entitled to your opinion but when you say "people who don't know about true sounds usually make the mistake of buying J&M audio" you are sounding presumptuous and arrogant. How the heck do you have any idea whether or not I know true quality sounds. The J&M amp was a big win for me, quality sound, quality mounting plate and quality people to deal with. The end result was very good sound quality that I can hear and any speed I ride at. I could go on and on but I have a feeling you are not the kind of guy who is really going to listen to my experience.
Musicians know music and true fidelity, I'm not saying that I am a professional musician but I do play music and I know one thing that J&M is ok for those that don't know about true music, it a well marketed brand, just like Boom Audio is, however, each ear is independent to each other. Meaning that your opinions may vary from mine, etc. However, if you do your homework, you will find out that J&M audio products suck, they produce loud music but not PURE music. Upgrade to Focal speakers, Focal tweeters, nice solid amp or biketronic speakers which are real good for the asking price, Rockfords, etc. I prefer Focal, Biketronics speakers. I "USED" to have a "J&M" and a "Boom Audio" system on my touring bikes, they are just loud music which distort and hurt your ear after extended listening times. I'm a purist, I only listen to tube audio equipment, I don't buy my audio from Best Buy, or any brick and mortar store. Most of my audio equipment is either handmade or made in Germany, Italy, France and of course America. Not trying to sound arrogant, etc but I'm just sharing my own personal opinion and what I know about music, not just a high marketed brand that seems to win people's attn by all the noise that they make, at the end its just loud noise and not true music...

Quick Reply: 2014 SG Special speakers?