Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power vision auto tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:42 PM
shorty07ultra
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default power vision auto tune

for those that have the auto tune function. what is done to the factory connectors for the o2 sensors that run the narrow band sensors? Cover with tape or just leave them alone? getting ready on Christmas day to install and didn't know how to proceed.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:32 PM
The Dude
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

2012 limited. I have the power vision with a wide band sensor kit installed also. My original 02 sensors are also still hooked up .

Old 12-23-2013, 05:44 PM
shorty07ultra
Cruiser

how do you have two sets of o2 sensors hooked up? I only have two holes total for the wide band Pro kit. I may not have been clear with my statement.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:49 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

narrow band (12mm) o2 sensors are used for closed loop tuning. this is what the ECM is able to compensate for. wideband sensors (18mm) are used for tuning the open loop areas that most/majority people never ride in and the ECM is not able to compensate for these areas.

They're (18mm) connected simultaneously for this purpose but advised to not leave them connected except for tuning purposes.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:50 PM
thirstybob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

New headers usually come with 18mm wide band bungs and 12mm stock O2 bungs.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:56 PM
The Dude
Tourer

I replaced my stock pipes with a fuelmoto jackpot pipe. It has 4 bungs,2 closer to the heads for wide band sensors and 2 almost in the stock location for the narrow band sensors. I may be wrong but if you are using stock pipes i think you have to weld in new bungs for the wide band kit as they use a larger bung then stock. My wb auto tune kit came with instructions for adding them.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:57 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by thirstybob
New headers usually come with 18mm wide band bungs and 12mm stock O2 bungs.
most of the more well known head pipes now-a-days you have that option but you have to ask for it and it usually costs an additional $25 or so.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:00 PM
The Dude
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
narrow band (12mm) o2 sensors are used for closed loop tuning. this is what the ECM is able to compensate for. wideband sensors (18mm) are used for tuning the open loop areas that most/majority people never ride in and the ECM is not able to compensate for these areas.

They're (18mm) connected simultaneously for this purpose but advised to not leave them connected except for tuning purposes.
I'll have to check that out, i never read anywhere about disconnecting them.I may have missed that. I used the data portion on the powervision to read the afr with them while riding.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:19 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by The Dude
I'll have to check that out, i never read anywhere about disconnecting them.I may have missed that. I used the data portion on the powervision to read the afr with them while riding.
I don't think it is noted anywhere in the PV information but talk to any of the reputable tuners and they'll tell you the same thing. I didn't say it was necessary, just advised. Why wear out the sensors when they're not doing anything after you've done your auto-tuning. Only use them when you have to for tuning purposes. Normal process is do your tuning, then pull the wideband sensors out and plug the bungs and put your auto tune module/sensors away til you need them again. This is why you see autotune kits up for sale everywhere.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 12-23-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:37 PM
shorty07ultra
Cruiser

I guess I needed to say what bike and pipe I have. I have an 07 ultra. D&D pipe with only room for one set to be plugged in at a time. When you have the Auto tune kit hooked up with the wide band there is no way to hook up the stock connection due to the different plugs at the connections. I would like to know while the wide bands are hooked up will the ecm throw a code due to not having the stock connections not hooked up to anything. Thanks for all the replies so far and I know with the wealth of knowledge here I will get my answer I just need to state it properly.

Quick Reply: power vision auto tune