Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT basics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007 | 04:53 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Default RE: SERT basics?

ORIGINAL: dmhosting

Do you guys think if I brought up a website with a way for us to share maps there would be some interest? It would all be user contributed and would only list what mods have been done to the bike with the map attached... Let me know if this sounds like something you guys would use.
I would certainly be very interested, and suspect many more would be also.

WB

Old 08-08-2007 | 10:17 AM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member

That's it. You got it. That's the whole none yards.
You'd also think that Harley would include collection of factory MAPS on the CD so you could revert back to stock if you wanted, but no such luck.

Old 08-08-2007 | 10:56 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Make sure you save a copy of the map you tweak on your computer before you upload to the ecm. That way when you start making changes to it, you always have a base map to go back to.

Old 08-08-2007 | 11:46 AM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member

Biggzed,
Not to get off topic, but what do you use to get that great shine on your bike?

Old 08-09-2007 | 09:57 AM
mnormington
Intermediate

I kinda figured someone would say that. Understandable. Why are you paying $450 for a sert tune? I only pay $170 and my guy has a great rep as the best in the Chicago area.

As a side note, I would gladly share a good map. Why not? Doesn't hurt me and helps somebody out. I know that for some people helping somebody out for free is a cardinal sin, but really how does it hurt you? Would it make you feel like a fool because you had to pay for it and the other guy didn't? That's just pride or something similar. If you can get over that and realize that it costs you nothing to share it, you will be rewarded with peace of mind and a good feeling that maybe it'll come back around some day.

Just my .02. I'm not a hippie or anything...

Old 08-09-2007 | 10:22 AM
dmhosting
Advanced

Anyone else interested in supporting a site to share the maps? We could have all types on this site, PCIII, SERT, etc. I haven't gotten a response about linking from here yet, but that won't stop me from putting one up.. I am sure word will get around that this site is up and running.

Does anyone have ideas on maybe writing contributions on different setups, etc? Maybe some "experts" can put together some info on the different models?

Old 08-09-2007 | 11:16 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

I missed out on the "share your maps" forum/thread at this site. It looked very much like what happened was nobody was sharing. I wonder if it was because the site software wouldn't allow uploads of anything but .txt, .gif, or .jpg filenames.

Of course, the easy fix is to just rename the file by adding .txt to it. Though admittedly, I've never had an easy time doing that when I have to suffer sitting in front of a Windows computer. You pretty much have to open a "command" prompt window and do it manually.

The easiest fix would be for the site admins to make a simple configuration adjustment.

Old 08-09-2007 | 01:52 PM
dmhosting
Advanced

I am talking about opening another site that would house all of the maps with descriptions but have them contributed by users that are out there. You would be able to upload the actual map file and type a description of what kind of mods you did to your bike, etc.