Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT basics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007 | 03:14 PM
Todd T
Tourer
Default RE: SERT basics?

I put my SERT disc files on my webspace provided to me by my ISP. PM me I'll shoot you a link to it.

It's version 4.6.2 bought it in March. It will have a factory map you can use for the 07 along with 80+ others.

Old 08-07-2007 | 03:15 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain

That's a good idea Jake. Like I said, I'd be willing to share my map if it would help someone out. Bigzed was right when he mentioned that any particular map may work better one bike than another even if they have the same aftermarket equipment, but it may give someone a good headstart on a good tune.

Old 08-07-2007 | 04:48 PM
dmhosting
Advanced

Do you guys think if I brought up a website with a way for us to share maps there would be some interest? It would all be user contributed and would only list what mods have been done to the bike with the map attached... Let me know if this sounds like something you guys would use.

Old 08-07-2007 | 06:18 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

I would be willing to contribute.

Old 08-07-2007 | 06:32 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain

Sure. You may want to consider a link from HD Forums, otherwise nobody may know about it. Terry1955 may want to set something up.

Old 08-07-2007 | 08:50 PM
slick813
Tourer

I bought a SERT for my 07 Ultra, had the bike dyno'd when I did pipes and A/C, can I read the map that is in my bike now and upload it to my laptop

Old 08-07-2007 | 09:12 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member

Nope! Can't download the MAP form the ECM. It'll only tell you the name of the map used. If you paid the dealer to Dyno the bike and he made adjusment to a canned MAP you should ask him for a copy of that file. Then you can load it into the SERT tuning software program.

Old 08-07-2007 | 11:19 PM
dmhosting
Advanced

I've emailed Terry to find out if we could link it from this site to get more contributions and of course we would provide a link back here. Just thought it might help some folks out. We could even post info about the devices (SERT, PCIII, V&H, Etc.) and the differences in them. Maybe one of the experts could contribute their input on them. Just some ideas.. I'll keep you posted via this thread. If you are able to help out or have other ideas, feel free to PM me.

Old 08-08-2007 | 01:18 AM
fxr_george
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Wecroft

Nope! Can't download the MAP form the ECM. It'll only tell you the name of the map used. If you paid the dealer to Dyno the bike and he made adjusment to a canned MAP you should ask him for a copy of that file. Then you can load it into the SERT tuning software program.
Ok so what you are saying is that a SERT you can only read the ecu but can not make a file of what is on the ecu just as a back up or what ever to mod later.

Old 08-08-2007 | 04:50 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master

Biggzed

Nice one m8, takes character to come back with a post like that.

Ride safe

WB

Quick Reply: SERT basics?