Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT basics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007 | 10:33 PM
fxr_george
Cruiser
Default RE: SERT basics?

Dear Stoner
It is kinda finding a meth dealer on line. They payed the man so you can not have it.
The epa is now the man.
Keep in mind I dont mean it this way just giving a point (just like having a gun).

Old 08-06-2007 | 11:00 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mnormington

I'm kinda surprised by that as well. All I've ever seen is people pointing to hdmaps.com. They don't have what I need and from what I've heard they suck anyway. Why don't people post them? I just put V&H duals on with V&H ovals on my 07 Ultra and I have a SE A/C. I'm sure there are about a million others out there with the exact same setup but I can't find evenone SERT map posted? What's the deal?
To put it bluntly, I had to pay $450 for my custom SERT map. Why should I give it to you for free? Besides, you have to have the EFI key in order to get the MAP into the ECM. If you get the EFI key, you should have the CD which includes the MAP's, Tuning software, Data software, and Instruction manual.

Old 08-06-2007 | 11:25 PM
FlaHeritage
Advanced

It's avalid question I guess. After all, Dyno puts their maps online don't they? But we all know how Mother Harley is with copyright infringements and such. They would be worse than the Record companies going after Napster and P2P networks for illegal downloads. I can just see it now, damn police at my door for downloading illegal maps for EFI bike!!!!!!!! What the hell would my kids say????[:-]

Old 08-07-2007 | 05:29 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

I'm kinda surprised by that as well. All I've ever seen is people pointing to hdmaps.com. They don't have what I need and from what I've heard they suck anyway. Why don't people post them? I just put V&H duals on with V&H ovals on my 07 Ultra and I have a SE A/C. I'm sure there are about a million others out there with the exact same setup but I can't find evenone SERT map posted? What's the deal?
To put it bluntly, I had to pay $450 for my custom SERT map. Why should I give it to you for free? Besides, you have to have the EFI key in order to get the MAP into the ECM. If you get the EFI key, you should have the CD which includes the MAP's, Tuning software, Data software, and Instruction manual.
Er................

To help out a fellow biker, lets hope with that attitude you dont need to ask for any advice or help on here. its taken me 30 years to build my motorcycling experience, countles mistakes, and a little pain.

Why should I give it to you for free...............because I want to help, thats why.

Geez

Old 08-07-2007 | 07:23 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

ORIGINAL: WildBill2566

Er................

To help out a fellow biker, lets hope with that attitude you dont need to ask for any advice or help on here. its taken me 30 years to build my motorcycling experience, countles mistakes, and a little pain.

Why should I give it to you for free...............because I want to help, thats why.

Geez

[sm=smiley32.gif] [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-07-2007 | 07:37 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

I've sent my Power Commander MAP out to a couple guys that asked for it.. they get something out of it, then great. Isn't that what the share your Dyno runs sticky thread is all about?

Old 08-07-2007 | 01:01 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

I would share any MAP or school of Hard knocks knowledge that I have gained for free; Why because most everyone on this site has done the same for me at one point or another.
Some of the advice has been awesome, some just personal opinion, but still we have all shared

ORIGINAL: robandlyn

Er................

Geez

[sm=smiley32.gif] [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-07-2007 | 01:04 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Er................

Geez
You know what... you're right. I re-read this post this morning and feel I was a little harsh in my response. Chalk it up to a bad day from start to finish. I apologize. I have given and received a ton of advice on this forum and will continue to rely on it for information.

That said, the original post is asking for the canned SERT maps that are included on the CD when a SERT is purchased.

Stoner - I don't have my SERT CD with me, but would be willing to try and make a copy of it for you. In the meantime, I do have a SERT map for an '07 with a SE A/C and a Thunderheader I would be willing to send you. However, you will need the Tuning Mode software in order to upload it to the ECM. This is inlcuded on the original CD you get when you purchase the SERT. The hdmaps.com website does have a very good video tutorial you can download for free that explains how to load a SERT map into the bike. I can't really say if there maps are any good or not, never used one. I will say my experience has been that SERT maps created for a specific bike will likely not yield the same results on another bike with like components, but they should be close. There are many bike to bike vairables that require a custom tune for 100% accuracy.

PM me with your e-mail address if you want the SERT map for a T-header I offered.

Old 08-07-2007 | 02:37 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

BZ, you're a class act to come back and post that.

I stick my foot in my mouth all the time and habve learned over time it's a powerful thing to say "Hey, I was off-base but I'm turned around, thanks to youse guyz." ...

...a lotta people just digt in there heels and argue more..

You're always helping out out here, I've seen that a dozen times in the short time I've been around. Seems SERT maps aren't all that easy to share, but it's great sharing PCIII maps. (the Linux of V-twins? LOL!!)

Old 08-07-2007 | 03:06 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

I agree Hippie, great comments...

SERT maps are easy to trade if you have the software already installed on your computer and you have a SERT programed for your Bike, I have gotten a couple that I have just burned to disc, brought home and cut and pasted in the SERT folder and uploaded to my Bike to try out.

We should ask the Modirators to begin a File for us where we can upload and store SERT Files, or post what files you are willing to share and the requestor can PM the person

Quick Reply: SERT basics?