Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight aiming suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:20 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Just remove the headlight ring from the housing and add shim washers to the top half of the headlight ring mounting bolts, Im guessing two on each bolt on the top half of the ring, this will tilt the whole bulb assembly towards the ground and you should have enough adjustment to level the light beam. If not enough add another washer, it wont affect the headlight ring because it attaches to the light housing can that you are moving out, it may show a larger gap at the top between the ring and housing but I bet you dont even notice it.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:48 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Just remove the headlight ring from the housing and add shim washers to the top half of the headlight ring mounting bolts, Im guessing two on each bolt on the top half of the ring, this will tilt the whole bulb assembly towards the ground and you should have enough adjustment to level the light beam. If not enough add another washer, it wont affect the headlight ring because it attaches to the light housing can that you are moving out, it may show a larger gap at the top between the ring and housing but I bet you dont even notice it.
First, thanks everyone for the great responses!

bagman, this is pretty much what I did. It worked great. Because I have the frenched trim ring, you can not even tell. You have to look down and stare at the headlight itself to even notice its tilted in the housing. So, again, thanks for the input. Its working great now.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:11 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Awesome! Nothing like a simple fix. Merry Xmas.