Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercom and bluetooth on SGS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 08:10 PM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intercom and bluetooth on SGS?

Just picked up a FLHXS and have been wondering what I need to do to make this work:

Communication between rider and passenger as well as rider using the BAMI cable http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...sic---comm-kit with wired headset to use the phone and voice commands. There currently isn't a 7-pin connector available for the passenger.

I am lost as to what options are out there. Would the passenger be able to use a Bluetooth headset to connect to the radio while I use a wired headset and we could communicate with each other?

Basically I want to use the acquired and required kit listed above to be able to use all options on the infotainment system and also be able to talk to my wife.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:54 AM
nuages
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider Passenger Connection

Have a look at the Audio Section on this Forum re CB and the FLHX. a couple of the guys are trying to add CB...this might do the business for you. Meantime I suggest that the only way is for you and your wife to have a bluetooth setup like Senna or Scala Rider. This does of course does not involve the Infotainment system.....perhaps HD will bring out a wired connection for the passenger in due course or some other solution.
Why there is no passenger rider comms. on a touring bike as stock beats me.