Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Tour Special

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013 | 10:48 PM
Chief21
|
Cruiser
Default C&C Tour Special

Anyone using one of these? If so how is it for the passenger? I like where the stock SG seat put me, but obviously it is going to be useless for passenger comfort. I have tried a take off from an EG Classic. Momma lokes it, but it puts me too high up. I can flat foot on flat ground, but I would rather have a little more bend in my knees. I know the C&C will get me lower and help with that. This seat looks like it would be more comfortable for the passenger. Kind of looks like the EGC seat in the back, but cut lower in the front for the rider.
So, just curious. Anyone using one and can you give some feedback?

Thanks in advance for anyone who replys.

Old 12-10-2013 | 11:23 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

Love my leather with flames. Puts you down and back some and very comfortable. Passenger comfort is excellent too from what I'm told. I had a local upholstery shop tapper the back down a little like the stock seat because it looked too high and flat to me.

Old 12-11-2013 | 07:25 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

If you are speaking about the "sports touring" saddle, it's a awesome seat.

There is a break in period, just like any good after market seat.

I have both the solo and the sports touring for two up riding. If you are thinking bout this one, I highly recommend the riders back rest.

Check the forum for sale section, there are some on there every now and then for sale.

Most folks who order a C&C saddle simply put, love them.

YB

Old 12-11-2013 | 08:49 AM
drew4jan
Road Master

I have the touring special, it is not the same as the "sport touring". It was made originally for the Trike. It has much more padding and sets the passenger up higher and further back. Mine also had the rider back rest. I had to get a tour pack relocation kit as my wife was crowded by the rider back rest.

Like all C&C seats it is very firm, sets the rider lower and back. I also had to re-adjust my highway pegs. I've got about 20k on the seat and am very happy with it. Here is a picture, I had them stitch flames to match the color of the gold stripping and put ostrich side panel in.

Attached Thumbnails C&C Tour Special-image.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013 | 09:35 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior

not sure but I think the passenger part of the stock '14 sgs is larger by 1 inch wide and 1 inch long. So the stock seat is pretty comfy for me and my wife. I use backrests for both of us. The combo seems to work well and sis not change the rider position on the bike which I prefer.

So find a '14 owner who switched seats and buy his. just an idea.