Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In Fairing antenna

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013 | 11:00 AM
Rickr01
|
Club Member
Default In Fairing antenna

Anybody using one of these antennas? Recommendations? I'm replacing my rear Street Glide fender with a CVO model so antennas going. Any and all other ideas welcome. Thanks, Rick

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hidden-ANTEN...item589eda57e8

Old 12-09-2013 | 11:29 AM
andyp
Tourer

I am using the J and M powered antenna mounted in my fairing along with a small 18 inch on my 05 CVO.I have tried at least 4 different so called Hidden antennas and none of them satisfys my needs.Reception drops off sharply when you travel away from town.I think the tune trapper was the best for the buck if you want to use a hidden ant,but like I said if you do a lot of Dist riding you will be constantly losing signals thats why I went with the additional 18 inch antenna which I feel is better overall than the stock HD antenna and much cleaner looking.

Old 12-09-2013 | 11:41 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rickr01
Anybody using one of these antennas? Recommendations? I'm replacing my rear Street Glide fender with a CVO model so antennas going. Any and all other ideas welcome. Thanks, Rick

I'm running two of these taped to the outer edges on either side of the inner fairing then connected to a tee adapter then into the stereo. They do a pretty good job. Much better than the original stick style antenna the previous owner had stuffed in there.

Old 12-09-2013 | 01:10 PM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain

I'm satisfied with my hidden/internal antenna. But then again, I listen the music from my iphone most of the time. You could always go with the xm radio and you would never loose a station no matter where you go.

Old 12-09-2013 | 04:27 PM
Rickr01
|
Club Member

Does anyone know if the stock antenna can be relocated (bent down and routed up along the frame) when using the CVO fender. There are a few threads on folks who realigned the antenna mount and routed and hid the antenna up along side the back side of the bags. Not sure it can be done with the CVO rear fender and bags? Thanks

Old 12-09-2013 | 05:01 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

I've got the Harley version. Radio reception isn't as good as with the big antenna, but I can live with that.

Old 12-09-2013 | 05:21 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member

Get Satellite Radio, the only way to ride if you are touring. Looking for stations while riding is a PITA, and I am not giving up space for a disc changer. I can go all over this beautiful country and listen to the same station if I want to , money well spent.

That said I have a Dakota Digital in the fairing, works OK for the few times I need it.

Old 12-09-2013 | 05:33 PM
yokdriver
Tourer

I ran my stock antenna up along the frame toward the tank tucking it under the seat and its just fine

Old 12-09-2013 | 07:00 PM
ncracer86
Cruiser

Does anyone know if the stock antenna can be relocated (bent down and routed up along the frame) when using the CVO fender. There are a few threads on folks who realigned the antenna mount and routed and hid the antenna up along side the back side of the bags. Not sure it can be done with the CVO rear fender and bags? Thanks

Here's video from youtube on relocating that ugly antenna.

Old 12-09-2013 | 07:07 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Riders Club Member

That's the exact set up I have. Works OK. Gets the basic local FM stations. No interference from my amp either. But who really cares about FM anyway. Like others have said. XM, IPOD, CD, or streaming from a phone are all much better.

Quick Reply: In Fairing antenna