Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:04 AM
jbhawley
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SERT ??

The only stupid questions are the ones that are not asked??? RIGHT?
Well, someone please tell me what exactly is SERT. I see this term/acronym around alot, but have gotten a few vague answers as to what it is. I know this sounds like a newbee questions, I must have missed HD 101 class the day they went over this term.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SERT ??

Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, it is a tool/device that allows one to change/program the settings within their bike's ECM allowing them to fine tune the machine. This is usually needed/used after performance modifications are made to said bike. Hope that helps some.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:09 AM
jbhawley
Road Master

OK..that makes sense. These perfromance modifications, what do they include? I know that if you get true-duals or the like you are supposed to remap a carb or get a download for an efi. Is that the same thing?

Old 03-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that you are riding and '01, which is probably a carb bike. The SERT is for EFI bikes to manage the fuel delivery, I'm not real familiar with carb bikes, and I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I believe you only have to change jets in a carb to achieve similar results. You would not use a SERT or any other ECM calibration tool for a carb bike.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:34 AM
jbhawley
Road Master

Actually my bike is fuel injected.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:47 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Custom07RKC

I see that you are riding and '01, which is probably a carb bike. The SERT is for EFI bikes to manage the fuel delivery, I'm not real familiar with carb bikes, and I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I believe you only have to change jets in a carb to achieve similar results. You would not use a SERT or any other ECM calibration tool for a carb bike.
You can use a SERT on a Carbed bike, but the model # is different from that of an EFI bike and the SERT for the carbed model is cheaper to purchase as well.

The SERT part # for a carbed model is 32124-04.......just fyi, certainly not trying to be a smart azz.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Gutman
Road Master

That is not a SERT. It is a Screaming Eagle Pro Ignition Race Tuner. It allows the adjustments of static and pre set ignition tables or the ability to custom build maps. You can change rev limit also. IT is quite different from the Race Tuner. It's cheaper because to change fuel tables you have to remove the float bowl.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:51 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

ORIGINAL: Custom07RKC

You can use a SERT on a Carbed bike, but the model # is different from that of an EFI bike and the SERT for the carbed model is cheaper to purchase as well.

The SERT part # for a carbed model is 32124-04.......just fyi, certainly not trying to be a smart azz.
Carb models use Ignition modules no SERT for carb bikes.