Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 flhtcu color advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013 | 07:08 PM
Hedgehog
|
Cruiser
Default 2014 flhtcu color advice

Getting ready to order a 2014 ultra classic and have a few colors that I like. I know it is preference but I'm just looking for insight. I like the candy orange but question whether it is too flashy for a old man bike. I just don't want it to be one of those colors that you like at first and then wish you never bought a year later. I also like the blackened cayenne sunglow (and so does the wife) . It is a rich looking color butt it looks hard to keep clean. And then these is black but I have never owned anything in black because I don't think I would have the patience to keep it clean. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 12-08-2013 | 07:16 PM
OH Bob
Cruiser
Default 2014 flhtcu

I, personally, would go for the cayenne.

Old 12-08-2013 | 07:27 PM
Its time to ride
Cruiser

I would say go for whatever color you like. If the wife likes it too, then that's just gravy...
As for a color going out of style, color crazes change all the time (except for maybe black), so whatever you get is a crapshoot. Buy what you like now, and enjoy it as long as you can. If you get tired of looking at it months or years down the road, sell it or have it custom painted, then you get to have a new bike (or at least a new color) whenever you want! Good luck!

Old 12-08-2013 | 07:29 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Make sure you buy a color you won't get tired of. I had a red bike once even though I hate red (I know). Maybe that's why I always end up with black? I do like blue,white,and grey too.

Old 12-08-2013 | 07:44 PM
harleyjth
Tourer

I bought the Mysterious Red and Cayenne two tone. What else can I say?
jt

Old 12-08-2013 | 08:07 PM
curtis myers
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
Getting ready to order a 2014 ultra classic and have a few colors that I like. I know it is preference but I'm just looking for insight. I like the candy orange but question whether it is too flashy for a old man bike.
I also like the candy orange. I'm 51 and do not care if something is too flashy. Life is to short. I ended up with a Limited in Amber Whisky and Silver. If the Limited with offered in the Candy Orange I would have gotten it. Just MY preference.

Last edited by curtis myers; 12-08-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-08-2013 | 08:12 PM
C908
Road Warrior

I think the candy orange is mighty pretty.Back in 2010 when I bought my 2010 Ultra I had planed on getting a Sadona Orange Street Glide. I ended up buying a black Ultra. Out of all my bikes I've only had one that wasn't black. While I love black I'm tired of the constant cleaning to keep it looking good. My next bike will for sure not be black, I would tell you get the candy orange. Good luck with your decision.

Old 12-08-2013 | 08:35 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer

I'd jump on Candy Orange. Look at my avatar/garage and it will be obvious why! I had a '12 Street Glide in Tequila Sunrise/HD Orange. I LOVED that bike. I happened to trade it in on a new Ultra Limited and got as close as I could... Amber Whiskey/Vivid Black. I'm older than you, and I agree with 'curtis myers'.

Get what ya like and who cares what other people think! Some people will give you crap for getting anything but black. I had a black bike for 12 years, loved it, still have it, still love it. But, I want some pizzaz these days so I get what I like! You should too!

Old 12-09-2013 | 04:41 AM
Hedgehog
|
Cruiser

Which color would be easier to maintain? Do you think the candy orange looks slightly red or definitely orange?

Old 12-09-2013 | 04:51 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hedgehog
Getting ready to order a 2014 ultra classic and have a few colors that I like. I know it is preference but I'm just looking for insight. I like the candy orange but question whether it is too flashy for a old man bike. I just don't want it to be one of those colors that you like at first and then wish you never bought a year later. I also like the blackened cayenne sunglow (and so does the wife) . It is a rich looking color butt it looks hard to keep clean. And then these is black but I have never owned anything in black because I don't think I would have the patience to keep it clean. Any input would be appreciated.
I'd go for the orange. I'm 59.

Quick Reply: 2014 flhtcu color advice