Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12" Monkey bar cables - no it is not about the cable length - the brand???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 08:40 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Phat Peformance carries Russell kit u can cut to lenght. I like Barnett clutch cables.
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/..._p/r031503.htm

Old 12-07-2013, 09:02 AM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just call magnum and they can help you.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

For the brakes, you need two lines. You get what they call a mid line and an upper line. The mid line is universal to all the 13's with ABS regardless of length. The upper line is ordered in different lengths. This way, it you change it later, you only switch the top line. You can also order that upper line with all types of fitting angles if you custom order it on their site...

Old 12-16-2013, 08:36 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I used Drag Specialties cables when I put the 12" Yaffe's on my RGC. Black cables with chrome ends. I used a longer ABS line and a longer clutch cable.

The Drag Specialties cables are good quality parts, equal to OEM if not better. They look stock with the exception of the chrome ends.

I'm very pleased with the Drag Specialties parts.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Your best bet with Magnum, is to actually call them on the phone. They make good stuff, and they know what they're doing.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:29 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I used Drag Specialties cables when I put the 12" Yaffe's on my RGC. Black cables with chrome ends. I used a longer ABS line and a longer clutch cable.

The Drag Specialties cables are good quality parts, equal to OEM if not better. They look stock with the exception of the chrome ends.

I'm very pleased with the Drag Specialties parts.
I stripped the bike last weekend - for paint - and it took me about 1.5 - 2 hours to get the inner fairing off including labeling all connecters, taking pictures, etc.
Found a couple of posts on guys that where able to use stock brake line with the 12 monkeys and I was able to make it work although pretty tight. I did end up ordering a 68 (+6) Barnett clutch and drag specialties +4 1 piece upper brake line (just in case). both were 54 usd at denniskirk...
I could not find the drag clutch on their web site, but I am sticking with black so should not be an issue.

Will post some pics of the stock brake line "rerouted" (cut tie wraps, etc).

also had to get some parts at local HD dealer and the mentioned 1(+) hour to bleed brake (I got ABS). I am aware of some on the forum that just did the manual "squeeze" method and seemed to work.

Cannot wait to get parts back from painter next tuesday.
will do the apes this weekend. No wire extensions needed imo as there is plenty of cable... just reroute the connectors in the fairing (underneath radio).

keep you informed