Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 14 Ultra Limiteds coming in

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013 | 12:18 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by jkane13
I asked the question in another thread if there was a production problem due to the Limiteds not being shipped. That may be the thread people are referring to.

I still do not have my Limited that I put a down payment on the first week in September when they released them. I do finally have a shipment month. January!

I get very frustrated when I hear people in the warmer parts of the country say there are limiteds landing on the showroom floor. If any of them are Mysterous Red over Blackened Cayenne Sunglo, then I am going to go from frustrated to angry with the Factory! Here I am less than 20 miles from the Factory in Milwaukee and they can't deliver my bike, but they can ship the same color and model to California so it can sit on a floor waiting for someone to buy it?! WTF!?

I keep telling myself that people are seeing other 2014 models like the Ultra Classic, and even some Street Glides. They better not really be seeing Limiteds unless they are pre-sold and are just making a stop on the showroom floor waiting on their buyer to pick them up.

OK, I am done venting for a few minutes. :P
If it makes you feel any better, none of the Limited I've ever seen on the floor were your color.

Old 12-09-2013 | 12:46 PM
Diggman
Cruiser
Smile Only the Touring motors are built in WI...

... Here I am less than 20 miles from the Factory in Milwaukee and they can't deliver my bike, ...
If it makes you feel any better, the Touring bikes are assembled in York, PA.

I didn't think so. Oh, well. I tried.

Diggs

Old 12-09-2013 | 02:11 PM
Bigfat
Cruiser

I asked the question in another thread if there was a production problem due to the Limiteds not being shipped. That may be the thread people are referring to.

I still do not have my Limited that I put a down payment on the first week in September when they released them. I do finally have a shipment month. January!

I get very frustrated when I hear people in the warmer parts of the country say there are limiteds landing on the showroom floor. If any of them are Mysterous Red over Blackened Cayenne Sunglo, then I am going to go from frustrated to angry with the Factory! Here I am less than 20 miles from the Factory in Milwaukee and they can't deliver my bike, but they can ship the same color and model to California so it can sit on a floor waiting for someone to buy it?! WTF!?

I keep telling myself that people are seeing other 2014 models like the Ultra Classic, and even some Street Glides. They better not really be seeing Limiteds unless they are pre-sold and are just making a stop on the showroom floor waiting on their buyer to pick them up.

OK, I am done venting for a few minutes. :P
There are two Mysterious Red / Blackened Cayenne Sunglo Limiteds at two local dealerships here in Eastern PA. Nobody has claimed them yet as of this past weekend. Maybe they could swap a bike with your dealer.

Old 12-10-2013 | 01:00 PM
jkane13
Tourer

Wow! There are a lot of dealers in Penn! Which ones? I'll call them. I will be in Southwestern Ohio in a couple of weeks "enjoying" the company of my in-laws. I think a ride to Penn might be in the works.

I guess the reason they are in Penn is because they are asembled there?

Old 12-10-2013 | 01:27 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior

Yeah, I have to agree with the others on here. I have four dealerships that I go to regularly that are all approximately 1 hour from me and the Limited's and SGS's are the first ones to go. Every week I notice that they either have a different Limited or SGS than the previous week or that they don't have any in stock. The Ultras and standard SG's are moving much more slowly. I purchased mine as soon as I heard that my dealer had one in the color that I was looking for en route to the dealership back in September. I have had many coolant issues, and my infotainment has some glitches, but I'm hopeful that everything will be resolved by the time that spring gets here. I will say again that my 14 Limited is the best Harley touring bike ever made and I feel that its finally a good competition to the other touring bikes on the market. It's amazing that I can still say this considering that I've had my Limited for 3 months and its been in the shop for approximately 1 month.

Old 12-11-2013 | 03:03 PM
scottt
|
Outstanding HDF Member

The dealer I like in No. Calif. has five new Limited on the showroom floor. A great color selection.

They also have at least 20 used touring bikes.