Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rider Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Phins74
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider Backrest

I think I'm ready for a backrest. I've been putting some decent miles on my RK. I'm thinking I could push a little farther with a little more comfort. I'm a big guy so I want a large pad that I can lean back. Any thoughts?

Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 AM
jetmech
Advanced
Default RE: Rider Backrest

HD makes a adjustable rider backrest.I have one and it works great on long road trips.Dont know if you have changed bars yet but I installed Heritage bars on mine and it allows ya to lay back and with the back rest its great.The part # is 52974-01A for the one I have on my RKC,but there are a few to choose from.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Phins74
Cruiser

Yes, I had the Road King Custom "beach" bars installedand I love them. They do makeyour back support you more sinceI'm sitting back more. Reaching for the stock barstook some pressure off the back but leaning forward wasn't comfortable either. But now I need a backrest.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:23 AM
PSO169
Road Master

I also have the adjustable rider backrest on my Ultra. I am glad that I dropped a few extra dollars for the adjustable.
Jeff

Old 03-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went for the Ultra stock seat on my RK and it provides a slot for the back rest, which I use, and a nice, wide seat for my other half.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a Mustang solo with removable and adjustable backrest. Best thing since sliced bread.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Shrek
Tourer

Just gota Mustang seat with the back rest. Went for ride yesturday ( about 400mi. ) and was really undecided if I really liked it or not.
Today my wife wanted to go for a ride and after about 20 miles she told me she didnt care for my back rest , shes always huggin all over me. We stopped at a freinds house and I decided to try the seat with out the backrest to see how it felt. After that we drove about 30 more miles. After riding without the backrest . I dont care if she likes it or not ,The Back Rest STAYS.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a Mustang touring saddle with rider backrest and I never take it off. It gives me good support for short or long rides...a must have.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:02 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

after rideing to daytona and back last week,definitly bonded with the adj back rest. the whole way back to lancaster pa did not ware gloves but the back rest was a necessity. guess I am starting to realize how old im gettin?

Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

Another vote for the HD adjustable rider backrest. I thought I'll buy it and only use it on long rides, well throw that out the window cause it hasn't been off the bike but once to try it without the backrest and I promptly reinstalled it. I love mine.

Quick Reply: Rider Backrest