Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals.... MGS vs Rinehart Xtremes - help me decide.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:24 AM
slimjim1976
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals.... MGS vs Rinehart Xtremes - help me decide.

Putting a set of true duals on my stage 1 '14 Road King and all I can go by is a few youtube clips which makes it really hard.

I really like both the MGS and the Rineharts, can anyone give me real life feedback on what these two pipes sound like?

What do they sound like going down the road?? at cruising speed?? on the throttle??

Thanks for any feedback.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by slimjim1976
Putting a set of true duals on my stage 1 '14 Road King and all I can go by is a few youtube clips which makes it really hard.

I really like both the MGS and the Rineharts, can anyone give me real life feedback on what these two pipes sound like?

What do they sound like going down the road?? at cruising speed?? on the throttle??

Thanks for any feedback.
I would say go with the MGS and then order only the head pipes. If you go that route, you have good headers and can change slip ons if you want. If you order a full set from either, you can't change the slip-ons (the head pipes are not a standard diameter) if you don't like the sound...The Rinehardt extremes don't look as good either...I have the MGS on mine with a set of Kerker slip-ons. They sound good...

Old 12-02-2013, 07:50 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Check the dragos true duals out, dragosbikeworks.com

Old 12-02-2013, 08:15 AM
artpe54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the S&S power tune duals. Love them.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I agree with themouth. If you by the complete system from from either one of those you are pretty much stuck with the slip-ons that come with em. The header outlet diameter is larger and other slip-ons won't fit. MGS sells just the header separate and it will accept most all aftermarket slip-ons. Rinehart doesn't offer this option on their headers.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the MGS true duals as well and they sound great! Good deep throaty bark when you get on it and for cruising the sound mellows out nicely so you can hear the radio and or not get a headache for all day riding.
The only potential drawback to the MGS header pipe is that the left side pipe has the 02 sensor too far back on the pipe. Doc from Docs Performance Tuning says this is a big problem for getting a good tune as the sensor is too close to the reversion exhaust of the muffler.
Otherwise a great pipe.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyFLHX
I have the MGS true duals as well and they sound great! Good deep throaty bark when you get on it and for cruising the sound mellows out nicely so you can hear the radio and or not get a headache for all day riding.
The only potential drawback to the MGS header pipe is that the left side pipe has the 02 sensor too far back on the pipe. Doc from Docs Performance Tuning says this is a big problem for getting a good tune as the sensor is too close to the reversion exhaust of the muffler.
Otherwise a great pipe.
Unless they changed the head pipes, my MGS header pipes came with two different sensor bung locations.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:23 PM
slimjim1976
Cruiser

Originally Posted by crimson13
Check the dragos true duals out, dragosbikeworks.com
I have looked at the Dragos true duals, very nice looking pipe.

I could only find one sound clip of these headers (with CFR mufflers I think) and the mufflers weren't the sound I was looking for. Any suggestions what mufflers wound sound great with Dragos headers?

Old 12-02-2013, 04:25 PM
slimjim1976
Cruiser

Originally Posted by artpe54
I have the S&S power tune duals. Love them.
Yes I've heard they are a great header pipe, but not a true dual. They have a crossover pipe.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:31 PM
slimjim1976
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SBates08
I agree with themouth. If you by the complete system from from either one of those you are pretty much stuck with the slip-ons that come with em. The header outlet diameter is larger and other slip-ons won't fit. MGS sells just the header separate and it will accept most all aftermarket slip-ons. Rinehart doesn't offer this option on their headers.
Thanks, but I'm confused.... If the header outlet diameter is larger on both these exhausts compared to all others, then it's the headers that are the problem (not the mufflers) when it comes to fitting other universal mufflers on, right?
So if I buy the headers only, I still have the problem that they won't allow other universal fitting mufflers from other manufacturers??

Quick Reply: True duals.... MGS vs Rinehart Xtremes - help me decide.