Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Ultra Limited . . . had to do it . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

You'll love it!

Old 12-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Just wait until another friend buys that 2015.. LOL.. I don't care what my friends ride..

Old 12-03-2013, 01:51 AM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
Sweet ride. I'm wondering what happened to the Tequila Sunrise Glide? I absolutely love that color.
I traded it in. I love love love the color, but couldn't afford both. That was really the problem, I could sit and look at that Tequila Sunrise all day long. Problem was that it didn't get me as excited to take those long rides! Around town was great . . . . kinda like the Fat Boy I had years ago. Great snappy bike around town, but not sure I want multi-state it in a day.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 AM
SoCalMike
Tourer

Originally Posted by SOCALHD
Just curious as I live in SD also, which dealer was not willing to work with you? You don't need to say the name but how about a Compass direction from SD Harley??
Congrats on the new ride.
It would be to the north. Great guys, I have no real issue with it, other than it didn't make sense for him to do it, and it made more sense to me to go elsewhere. Business is business. I might even still head up there for parts and service . . . .

Thing is, I bought 3 bikes from the same guy due to a couple of bad experiences (including my first visit to a HD Showroom) 10-12 years ago from the dealer I just purchased the Ultra from. Over the last 12 years they've (bad experience dealer) been more helpful when I had to go there in a pinch. They treated me right on the purchase, so the door is open to taking more of my money . . . funny how that works.

Now, I need to walk in and cancel my extended service contract on the bike I traded in. And while the new dealer tried to deal with it for me, they finally said thy can't do it so it will require a personal visit to my original salesman to cancel the contract on the bike I traded in.

PM if you want details . . . .

Old 12-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Your new ride has ***** Mike. Literally. At the end of the antennas. LOL

Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer

Yeah it does! Funny thing is I begged the dealer I bought the new bike from for a freebie to add to my SG a year ago. Then was in the Oakland dealer and they had 'em, so got some from them. They matched my SG real well.

Now, they don't match as well, and my buddies are giving me crap about the long antennas, whipping *****, and they're complaining they're going crosseyed riding behind me.

Wait till I add that BAL-3ST and their eyes instead.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice looking bike, congrats!

Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 PM
TheLazyC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Like a domino . . . . my buddy picked one up, and I just couldn't take it anymore. While I loved my Tequila Sunrise Street Glide there was no way I was going to be as happy on longer rides. Decided to stop spending money on it a few months ago and picked up a 2014 Ultra Limited in Amber Whiskey/Black at the dealer today. Funny thing, I'd bought 3 new bikes over the last 12 years from the same salesman at another location. When I talked to him a month or two ago he wasn't interested in making a deal. Guess it taught me a lesson . . . and one less bike they'll sell this year.

Anyway, in the 35 miles I've ridden it so far, to me, it's a far superior ride over my SG in terms of comfort and stability. I know, lots of issues with the new Ultra's . . . I've read 'em all. I did it anyway, so whatever.

Now, if ya all are interested, I still have an '02 FLHR, a couple of Tour Packs, racks, back rests and other misc items that will show up on the sale forum soon.

Happy Thanksgiving . . . . to me!

Looking good, damn peer pressure will get us every time. I love mine...

Old 12-03-2013, 07:52 PM
wing_rdr
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking bike, enjoy the ride and congratulations.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:18 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Way to go! Beautiful bike. The new level of brakes, suspension and other refinements are hard to resist.

Quick Reply: New Ultra Limited . . . had to do it . . .