Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First radio problem tonight..ugh

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The catch was it locked up when the iPod was connected or the iPhone was connected to the USB. The phone works via Bluetooth and the flash drive works via USB so it's like the software in the bike suddenly doesn't want to work via USB with Apple.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:06 AM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
The catch was it locked up when the iPod was connected or the iPhone was connected to the USB. The phone works via Bluetooth and the flash drive works via USB so it's like the software in the bike suddenly doesn't want to work via USB with Apple.
I have never tried via flash drive, might be a good alternative. When using the 4 year old iPod it lock periodically and the only way I could get it to play again was to reboot the iPod, that's when I bought another iPod and hasn't happened since. I thought maybe it wasn't compatible with old iPod software, last week upgraded to the iPhone 5s, plugged in via USB and worked good, although won't really get a good test until warmer weather. Hopefully software updates will be coming to correct infotainment glitches.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:56 AM
Hodgo
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just traded my 11 FLHX in for a sweet 14 FLHXS in Morocco Gold... Spent all day driving around and learning the controls. My iPod froze up and stopped playing after 10 songs. I then tried connecting my Galaxy S4 via bluetooth, and it says unable to connect. I also tried to connect the S4 via the USB cable, and nothing happens. I'm going to try the jump drive method this week, but it was really hoping to use Pandora via the bluetooth... Anyone else have issues with their S4, or should I bust open the plastic and read the manual?

Old 01-27-2014, 02:47 AM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm having the same issue. I have a current generation Nano that I had plugged in directly. I unplugged it to add some new music (still less than 1/2 of memory used), plugged it back in and I get several problems:
a) It says 'Reading iPod...' for hours
b) unplug the cable and it continues to say 'Reading iPod...'
c) Try turning iPod/ignition on/off and similar action
d) Tried plugging in my iPhone 5s and it seemed to work ok
e) Got the iPod to finally stop 'Reading...' and I could play music but I couldn't set any presets as it kept saying it couldn't set presets while the music was indexing.... which it apparently continued to do for more hours on end
f) my touch menu 'buttons' at the top of the screen all of a sudden were next to one another rather than one on the left side and the other on the right side. There was a 'find' on the left and 'menu' in the middle, yet neither one worked via touch.

Come here, and look what I find . . . . Argh!

FYI . . . just updated the software (reflashed it, reinstalled it, whatever) even though it was the same version. Thought maybe a bit flipped. Nope. It's doing the same thing.

Last edited by SoCalMike; 01-27-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:20 AM
Tim S.G.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don,t like ipods with a hard drive . I had problems with an ipod classic , but none with an older 2gb shuffle .

Old 01-27-2014, 04:43 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Apple didn't drink the Koolaid...

Old 01-27-2014, 05:28 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If you can load all iTunes to flash drive and it plays those mp4's then that seams to be the easiest way...forget the Ipod? What am I not understanding?

Old 01-27-2014, 06:46 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I have had no problem at all with the newest ipod nano

Old 01-27-2014, 07:51 AM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Apple didn't drink the Koolaid...
Everybody knows they drink the Apple Juice.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:15 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

After working on it and checking all the same things (cables, iPhone, iPod, etc.) I went to fire it up this morning and my "Infotainment Center" is anything but. It was completely blank, never came on all the way to work. Yippee!

A week ago after seeing how well mine worked with the iPod he went and bought one to plug into his '14 Limited and loved it. He called me this morning complaining about the exact same thing we're talking about here . . . oh more joy.

Quick Reply: First radio problem tonight..ugh