Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotune w/ PV-2 and stock O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Kyle C Kirk
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autotune w/ PV-2 and stock O2 sensors

Does anyone have any experience with Auto tuning with the PV-2 and the original narrow band stock O2 sensors? I've heard that it (auto tuning) isn't as good as with the wide band sensors. Also, how long did you ride the bike to get the most accurate info? Any info would be appreciated.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:49 PM
pat1
Road Captain

The basic auto tune function works great. Don't waste your money on the auto tune pro(wideband). I have it and I don't think its worth the 400.00 plus for it. It works but I wish I spent the $$$$ on something else.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:07 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,257 Likes on 4,435 Posts

The basic auto tune uses the OEM sensors. The OEM narrow band sensors are only accurate between like 15.1 to 14.1 AFR range. That limits the areas where you will accurately dial in your VE tables. If you are just trying to dial in a MAP from a reputable tuner that was set up for your bike & mods, it will be fine. Just drive it with a lot of slow accelerations and cruising at different constant rpms.

If you were going to make a tune from scratch, you would need the accuracy of the wide band sensors and auto tune pro, to be able to get accurate readings down in the 13.1 AFR range. That would cover the above situations plus wide open throttle accelerations and heavy load.

When data logging in auto tune basic, the PV switches to a 14.1AFR for reference, when in auto tune pro it switches to a 13.1 AFR.

As for your second question, you can data log as long as you want. The more hits per cell, the better it will dial in your tune. I took a good 45 minute ride and my first auto tune got me within 4%…… but I started with a good fuelmoto map to begin with.

Play with it and have fun….!

Old 11-24-2013, 10:12 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

I have used both too - I think if you do not plan on changing your relavent parts much then stick with Basic. I have changed a few already and plan on more changes so I like the PV Pro. The main reason I like it is during AT - the PV Basic sets the entire AFR Table at 14.6 which is OK for cruise areas but sucks for almost everywhere else so decel pop and horrible AFR for chasing high RPM and high MAP data. The PV Pro sets the AFR Table at 13.0 which is much better/safer for collecting data throughout all RPM and MAP ranges.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Kyle C Kirk
Intermediate

I got a custom tune from FuelMoto so I'll hook it up and take her out to tweak that tune. Thanks for the info.