Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Curved License Plate Holder

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:17 AM
frittsk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn Curved License Plate Holder

I really like mine. If you get one, be sure and install it by removing the tailight and working through the hole in the fender. Much easier than trying to go up from underneath the fender.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:41 AM
buckwheat
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any reason to believe this Kuryakyn Curved License Plate won't fit on a 2008? Kury hasn't updated their website to reflect its compatibility with 08s, but I'd find it hard to believe anything back there has changed enough to effect the mounting, etc.

Thanks!

Old 12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
1Felix1
Advanced

I had one on my SG for about a month......Got home from a ride with the gang and noticed it had fallen off. Both of the tabs had broken that attach the Kury holder to the bike.I had read that you needed to put something between the holder and your rear fender to cut down on any vibration. I installed a small piece of foam to correct the problem. Called the place I purchased it from, they said that they would put a claim into Kury for a replacement........Never heard from them again. I have e-mailed them several times and each time they respond with (We are waiting on Kury).......Never Again. This was eight months ago.[:'(]

Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 PM
HDStreetGlide07
Tourer

I just picked one up on ebay,cleans the rear fender up!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1Felix1

I had one on my SG for about a month......Got home from a ride with the gang and noticed it had fallen off. Both of the tabs had broken that attach the Kury holder to the bike.I had read that you needed to put something between the holder and your rear fender to cut down on any vibration. I installed a small piece of foam to correct the problem. Called the place I purchased it from, they said that they would put a claim into Kury for a replacement........Never heard from them again. I have e-mailed them several times and each time they respond with (We are waiting on Kury).......Never Again. This was eight months ago.[:'(]
This was a problem on early frames, and although mine also cracked, thanks to the warnings from folks on this forum I watched the mount and replaced the frame before it fell off. The replacement was different, lighter on the suspended part, heavier on the part that bolts to the light mount. It has been installed since June and is still intact, so I assume they've fixed the problem.

I would call Kuryakyn directly for a replacement, as they seem to be doing the right thing for their customers on this issue. Do you still have the receipt?

Old 12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Raveneye
Novice

I can attest to other posters that a version of this product has a defect. I know this because mine fell off at 75MPH in southern Canada this summer and almost took out my wife on her bike traveling behind me. Both corners of the bolt holes broke clean off each within and hour of the each other. I called Kuryakyn directly from the side of the road, told them what happen and emailed a picture to them. They stated there was a defect in the some units and very very quickly Fed Ex'd a new one to me. No questions asked.
I have yet to re-install it, but I will because it does look cool.
Scared the **** out of my wife though :-)

Raveneye

Old 12-30-2007, 04:26 PM
maxflhx
Tourer

Happy with mine, kinda pricy but everything else has been too....

Old 12-30-2007, 05:12 PM
theandyman
Intermediate

Will it work on a 07 Road Glide???

Old 12-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if the ones on e-bay are the older defective ones or the improved frames? The frames cracking and falling off could be s severe safety issue for a buddy riding behind you. I think I will spend the money and buy direct from kury just for peice of mind that the frame is not from the defective bach.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:15 PM
arelli
Advanced

I also bought this product whenn it first came out and had problem with it the tabs broke off at 3 in the morning luckily i was turning in to my housing addition and heard it slid across the pavement. I called kuryakyn personally and they had a replacement sent to me in 5 work days. The new one had the center cut out of the backing plate to reduce weight and have not had a problem since. Hey felix call kuryakyn yourself the gave me no problems

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Curved License Plate Holder