Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vivid or Denim Black SGS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013 | 08:10 PM
hd4l
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Vivid all the way.I'm working on a blacked out theme with some chrome on mine over the winter.

Old 11-22-2013 | 08:37 PM
batone
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when I bought my 2012, my intentions were to buy the denim. While there looking, a guy came in with a denim SG that he had purhcased about 6 months earlier. He was having issues with stains in the paint. Not sure what the deal was, but I decided on the vivid. Only chrome left on mine now is the kickstand and upper head covers. Black is a beotch to keep clean though....

Old 11-22-2013 | 09:35 PM
stbobfisher
Cruiser

I did not care for the denim at first but the price was right, now that I have owned it for about 6 months I really like it. But it does mark easy and you can not fix nicks or scratches.

Attached Thumbnails Vivid or Denim Black SGS?-image.jpg  
Old 11-22-2013 | 09:57 PM
Buzzfin
Cruiser

Demin Black for me...

Old 11-22-2013 | 11:01 PM
NCBondsman
|
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of great info and love all of the pics. Still a tough choice. Some people have nothing better to do than try ato stir the pot. But it is a public forum. Banter is welcome. Black is just my preference. Both the vivid and denim look damn amazing all blacked out. I am heading to Rocky Mount tomorrow and will have to stop by and check out both colors inside the showroom and outside (I saw an amber whiskey sg in the showroom and it looked *blah* but there was one outside and it looked totally different in the sunshine. Liked it but it just didnt speak to me.)
It is kind of alarming to hear that someone had staining issues on their denim and swirls on the vivid. I know black is hard to keep clean, I have an 05 F250 that is black and it is a pain. Moreso because it is lifted 10 inches and on 38s. It is my lil rice eater. You should see the looks at the stoplights with when the lil fartcan honda is banging gears trying to catch uo in a dense cloud of black smoke.

Old 11-22-2013 | 11:24 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,378 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Not everybody like chocolate ice cream. No scratches in 3 years, that's amazing. Not true about gloss black either.

Flat finishes hide the curves, it does little for cars especially. I understand touch-ups are a lost cause too. No nicks in yours?
thats why i said that its a good thing that the moco gives us a choice. some people don't even like ice cream....

i think the black denim bikes look amazing. the gloss black bikes look good, but i don't care for them as much as the denim. i agree that the black denim on a car doesn't look as good though.

in the 3 years, 40,000 miles that i owned my black bike, i never needed to do any touch ups, no scratches or nicks. the only thing that i did do was slip on some leaves on a turn off on the dragon and laid my bike over on its left side which unfortunately scraped up a bit of the clear coat on the bottom of the left saddlebag. i never bothered to try to touch it up though cause it really was not in a spot that you could really see unless you were really looking for it.

Old 11-23-2013 | 04:03 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by one-up
Shiny black and chrome - it's always in style.
That's what I'm talking about.
Harleys only come in two colors, Black and the other ones!

Old 11-23-2013 | 07:54 AM
CrazyHog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stbobfisher
I did not care for the denim at first but the price was right, now that I have owned it for about 6 months I really like it. But it does mark easy and you can not fix nicks or scratches.
If the bike didn't have a fairing (Softails, Dynas), I would say Denim. The fairing will be getting chips in the near future and as said can not be touched up. My friend and the dealer actually talked me out of buying a Denim RGC for this very reason. I do love the looks though!

Old 11-23-2013 | 08:07 AM
Johnny103ci
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twig
Just tell the guy you like vivid or denim why do some have to totally dis one or the other, I bought the denim black because that's what i think looks cool I'm not going say the vivid sucks when someone spends thAt amount of money only to read here that you think there colour choice sucks well that sucks. Be nice when offering an opinion remember it could be you asking the same question one day. DonaldA said it best.

Old 11-23-2013 | 09:39 AM
Rumbles
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

My Buddy has a Vivid SGS very hard to beat!

Quick Reply: Vivid or Denim Black SGS?