Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vivid or Denim Black SGS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013 | 05:19 AM
COZWV
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the denim. Here is a pic of mine I picked up last weekend. Gives you a good look of the red pinstripe. I didn't think I'd like it that much but once I seen it in person I really like it.

Old 11-22-2013 | 07:20 AM
Johnny103ci
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously I prefer the denim but you can't go wrong with either.

Old 11-22-2013 | 09:01 AM
Donald A
Tourer

Denium is not for me, but it is nice.

Old 11-22-2013 | 09:30 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Denim is an inferior finish in terms of maintenance, cleaning, etc. Google it.
Originally Posted by offthewall
I don't get the denim look at all. Glossy is the way to go!
Vivid Black, for both of the reasons mentioned above.

Vivid Black and chrome, when its clean and shiny, is an awesome (and classic) combination; however, it IS a labor of love to keep it that way!

Old 11-22-2013 | 09:37 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,683 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Denim is played out & incomplete looking.

Get vivid. Then you will be unique in that NO ONE else has a black SG!

Old 11-22-2013 | 02:42 PM
twig
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Just tell the guy you like vivid or denim why do some have to totally dis one or the other, I bought the denim black because that's what i think looks cool I'm not going say the vivid sucks when someone spends thAt amount of money only to read here that you think there colour choice sucks well that sucks. Be nice when offering an opinion remember it could be you asking the same question one day. DonaldA said it best.

Old 11-22-2013 | 04:16 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
nope, saw it after i posted. but his big gripe with the denim was that you can't buff out a scratch. in the three years that i had my denim, i never needed to. but i can also say in that time i never had to worry about 'swirls' etc. either. vivid black looks awesome right after you wash and wax it. 5 minutes later, not so much.... denim black continuously looks good....

its a good thing that the moco gives us choices. you can have yours, and i can have mine.....
Not everybody like chocolate ice cream. No scratches in 3 years, that's amazing. Not true about gloss black either.

Flat finishes hide the curves, it does little for cars especially. I understand touch-ups are a lost cause too. No nicks in yours?

Last edited by Deuuuce; 11-22-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2013 | 04:33 PM
Lclevenger20
Stage III

I have a Denim SG and I think you should kind of have a mental picture of what you want your bike to look like. I don't want the blacked out theme but I like the denim bike and it is easy to wipe down before you ride. It is your decision and I think everyone has a nice bike regardless of color. I like to see what other people have done to their bikes to make that bike their own. Everyone has a style that they like and if you are paying for it do whatever makes you happy.

Old 11-22-2013 | 05:06 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I'd say go look at both in person and grab the one that speaks to you.

You can't go wrong with Black, be it Denim or Vivid, and either one will be $500 less than the colors!

Old 11-22-2013 | 06:03 PM
BigTwins
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Denim guys are the quick, occasional wipe down, and lets ride guys. They do their own service and repairs and also own other cool cars and bikes. Oh yeah...they usually have several women who they rotate according to how they feel that day. And they don't mind humping them on the bike, even if it leaves a couple scratches somewhere. Vivid guys have one cool thing..their bike. They obsess over every scratch, nick, or blemish (or any situation that could possibly cause a scratch, nick, or blemish.) So much so, that deep down, they would rather sit in the driveway and drink a 6-pack staring at the bike rather than hammering it. Till the Bitchy Ol' Lady tells 'em to get off their *** and cut the grass...Thats when I ride by on a scratched, dirty denim black bike with a nasty little tart with a bad attitude. Hehehehehehehe....calm down fella's...just kiddin'....

Quick Reply: Vivid or Denim Black SGS?