Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals and o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 03:02 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

And here is the dyno sheet

True Duals and o2 sensors-justin-2012-sg-103-mgstd-stage-1.jpg

Old 11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Other than the o2 sensor thing, what do you think about the headers? Well made?

Old 11-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by OldPhat
Moving O2 sensors out of exhaust stream with an adapter will infact make ECM adjust
fuel mixture to a little richer then before the adpater was installed. That is because the
O2 sensor is out of the hot exhaust making the ECM think engine is not fully warmed up, like when you first start up in the mornings it runs richer for a short while. pulling
the O2 sensors back out of hot gases with an adapter makes the O2 sensor tip just a
little cooler.
Richer is better than leaner though right? If you dyno the bike, will it matter? I plan to dyno mine after I get the headers on.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:11 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaJ
I really didn't want to throw anyone under the bus but...I live in Lancaster right down the street from MGS not only did I buy my true duals from them I had them Dyno my bike. My question is if they work better in that location why the hell did they dyno my bike with the o2 sensors in that location? I know what the OP said but I was waiting to see what MGS said... I could have gone right down there and asked them but In this case I think it needs to be addressed on this forum.
That's a good question.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:20 PM
DynaJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Other than the o2 sensor thing, what do you think about the headers? Well made?
The pipes are great, They sound wonderful, put out pretty good power and are sturdy. the instructions well...plan on having your laptop ready so you can find a install video that a guy did because without that plan on another 6 pack..Putting the rear head pipe on is lets say a challenge...Wait until you get to that point and you will see what I mean. All in All they are well worth the money and I always try to buy from local business. Every guy in the shop is nice and helpful Chris actually dynode my bike as to why I'm in shock at this point.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:33 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I bet that left side exhaust nut on the rear header is a ***** F'er ain't it?

The following users liked this post:
Jae30001 (08-27-2021)
Old 11-19-2013, 04:00 PM
DeadManWalkin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to hear all the positives about MGS. I just ordered a Stage II kit from them. All my buddies run Rineheart and I wasn't really sold on them. Heard a lot of good about MGS so I pulled the trigger.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Chris Shows
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaJ
The pipes are great, They sound wonderful, put out pretty good power and are sturdy. the instructions well...plan on having your laptop ready so you can find a install video that a guy did because without that plan on another 6 pack..Putting the rear head pipe on is lets say a challenge...Wait until you get to that point and you will see what I mean. All in All they are well worth the money and I always try to buy from local business. Every guy in the shop is nice and helpful Chris actually dynode my bike as to why I'm in shock at this point.

Give the shop a call. If your bike was dyno-tuned, you don't need your narrow-band o2 sensors, so it wouldn't matter if they were up front, back, sideways, or not there at all, your bike is no longer operating in closed-loop. Moving the o2 sensors to the 18mm position up by the heads is mainly for the guys running wide-band o2 sensors or using an auto-tune.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:24 PM
DynaJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Chris Shows
Give the shop a call. If your bike was dyno-tuned, you don't need your narrow-band o2 sensors, so it wouldn't matter if they were up front, back, sideways, or not there at all, your bike is no longer operating in closed-loop. Moving the o2 sensors to the 18mm position up by the heads is mainly for the guys running wide-band o2 sensors or using an auto-tune.

Even with the old style tuner? I don't have the power vision. I have the power commander...

Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 PM
DynaJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by SBates08
I bet that left side exhaust nut on the rear header is a ***** F'er ain't it?

To say the least..lol I think I drank about 3 beers on that one bolt. Just make sure you don't strip it!

Quick Reply: True Duals and o2 sensors