Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking bout a Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Perrysplus
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking bout a Road Glide

Ok ok ok....so I own an 06 EGC and am approaching 25k miles. Gonna have to either do the cams and probably do a BB kit for more power while I'm at it, heads, etc. bottom line, around 2k worth of work so I'm thinking bout getting a new bike altogether.
So, I'm thinking bout getting a new 2013 Road Glide. The dealer is quoting MSRP for it (around 21k)and its the last one they have. So, a used one 2012ish cost darn near as much as a new one. Anyways, what do you guys think? Used or new? I'm leaning towards new but I have seen some pretty smokin deals on used bikes. The good thing bout a new one is I KNOW it's history

On a side note, some dealers say they aren't allowed to sell below MSRP and offer money in accessories instead.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

GREAT bike. Go for it especially if ABS. Or just get a '14.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

I'd buy new, if you like the deal. You'll get two years of warranty, where as a 2012 will get you a freshly expired warranty, or close to it.

I'm a bit biased though...no ride like a Road Glide. I really think there is no better bike in the lineup, even if it is absent this year.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:40 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

I'm not big on buying new. There are lots of great low mile bikes out there and Roadglides haven't really changed much since '09. Or wait and see what the '15 RG is???

Old 11-18-2013, 07:54 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I had an '09 Ultra Classic.....didn't make me happy from week one. Recently, the motor was making noise like inner primary bearings (would be third time) and the starter would grind every other start. Then, a few weeks ago the throttle would go into 'idle' mode....then the ABS light would not go off. The bike turned 70K back in Sept....and I thought it was a SIGN.
Barbara and I went looking in Sanford FL....and the sales guy showed me a 2013
RG Ultra....with 3800 miles on it. I test rode it, and rode it home.
They beat me up a bit on my trade...but I could not sell it to someone the way it was...
I had, for years, ridden GoldWings with the stationary fairings, and Barbara said the ride was about the same...maybe a little bit less buffeting at under 55 MPH speeds.
Let the bike talk to you.....if it feels right, what the heck. (Plus you will want it before the week end hits!)

Chuck (For some reaso, I could not post a picture....maybe too many pixels?)

Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

I Love the RG - for me great ride & great looks
most either love it or hate it

New - offers better finance % & 2 full years coverage ... no prob with the past owners abuse (?)

Last year of a very successful bike (& 09-13 has new frame) - who knows what the future bike will look like, should be somewhat easy to resell in a few years do to it's past growing popularity

Simple Air Cooled will not go out of Style (around HD buyers)

If you love it be glad you can get last of a possible classic (kinda - for some anyway)

Visit Here is you want a total biased opinion !

http://www.roadglide.org/index.php

Attached Thumbnails Thinking bout a Road Glide-73ff7880-orig.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I wouldn't buy the new one just because its the last one he's got. If the color and setup on the bike just doesn't do it for you, then being new isn't gonna change that. With that being said, if the bike returns the favor when you turn it on, and you don't mind droppin the dime on a new bike, then by all means jump on it. I'm like a lot of other members here, I don't buy new. I search around for the low mileage trade ins. Best of luck on your decision.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Rumbles
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted a RG till I rode one, buffeting was crazy on it so all I'm saying is ride it before you buy it. Good Luck with your decision!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

I say, you only live once so - do it!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Stickman81
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Get what you want. Do you like one color over the other? Added accessories on the used one?

I test rode an '11 Road Glide Ultra and bought it. So much smoother than my '07 Street Glide.

As mentioned, check out Road Glide Forums. (link in signature).

Best of luck on your decision.

Quick Reply: Thinking bout a Road Glide