Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking bout a Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,374 Likes on 2,545 Posts

Originally Posted by Perrysplus
Well, I made the mistake and rode one today. All I can say is WOW! Super smooth ride and what SEEMED like more room. I feel like if it weren't for my long arms I would be able to hardly reach the radio to turn it on (it was off when I got on the bike.) the stock windshield sucks, I couldn't hear he radio at all while cruising above 55mph. The handling on the bike was amazing though. I am gonna take my bikes up there Saturday and see what they can do for my on a trade in.
thats one of the benefits of the road glide. the fairing is not right there in your face. thats also one of the drawbacks. in inclement weather, you don't get as much protection as you would a batwing.

that being said, i'm on my 2nd roadglide. wouldn't own a batwing. and as far as the radio goes, i don't have long arms, and i don't really have any problem with it. might have to lean forward a little every now and then, but most of what you need to do you can do with the thumb controls anyway.

hope they do you well on your trade (s)..... once the shark bites, it doesn't let go

Old 11-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Handling, storage, wind protection (passenger too), weight, view (loading onto dolly/wheel chock), reach, etc. Positive and negatives to both.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:08 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

for that amount of $$, i would review ebay or other similar web sites for a good used deal. that is if you can afford to have 2 bikes for a period of time. At this time of year so smoking deals can be had.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I would work on that dealer and cut the best deal you can. Others have noted the pluses. If you have ridden one and like it, then you have made your choice. Post the pics when you finally pick it up.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Perrysplus
Ok ok ok....so I own an 06 EGC and am approaching 25k miles. Gonna have to either do the cams and probably do a BB kit for more power while I'm at it, heads, etc. bottom line, around 2k worth of work so I'm thinking bout getting a new bike altogether.
So, I'm thinking bout getting a new 2013 Road Glide. The dealer is quoting MSRP for it (around 21k)and its the last one they have. So, a used one 2012ish cost darn near as much as a new one. Anyways, what do you guys think? Used or new? I'm leaning towards new but I have seen some pretty smokin deals on used bikes. The good thing bout a new one is I KNOW it's history

On a side note, some dealers say they aren't allowed to sell below MSRP and offer money in accessories instead.
I was in Scottsdale, AZ this week. The big dealer there (on Hayden Rd.) had several 2013 RG's with tags displaying $1000.00 off MSRP. Bet they would deal a bit from there.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Perrysplus
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the dealer here has offered some kick backs via accessories. That's fine with me cause right off the bat I want a tall boy seat, seat back, tour pack, maybe some lowers too. All that is way more than $1000. It's all smoke a mirrors anyways when trading stuff in the numbers start getting played with. The guys here are real fair, as long as I feel good about the deal ill do it.