Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo seat on 14 SGS

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Brit Biker
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Solo seat on 14 SGS

I am about to pull the trigger on the SGS. I would like to order parts at the same time (hopefully get a better deal). I am going to need a solo seat as I would like to get the solo mount for the tour pak. I would have the back rest on the Tour Pak so would not need a back rest on the seat. Looking at the P&A catalogue I don't see many options for a solo seat. The signature series solo has an ugly looking back rest and is over $500. I like the look of the low-profile solo seat, it only comes brown but I think that may work. The sundowner seems to get the best reviews but I can't see that the solo will fit a 2014. I am wondering if there are any other options and if anyone can give me a review of the low-profile solo or whether the solo sundowner will fit a 14 SG? I need to stay at the same height or lower and going forward a bit will work. I have had Corbin (Slim) and Mustang (Deluxe) seats on previous bikes but they both moved me back on the respective bike and I wouldn't want to chance it on the SG. Long distance comfort is critical. Help!!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Shovelhed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Corbin solo and don't use it lol

Old 11-18-2013, 02:38 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

don't know if this is useful...but I'm guessing you might have the winter to mull it over:

I have a H-D Brawler I sometimes use on my 09 FLHTC.
It mounts at the rear with an inverted T brace which is concealed under the seat.

The seat puts me back and down about 1.5 inches compared to the FLHX seat I sometimes use.

The padding is thin and it wouldn't be much use for longer rides. The low and back position does put some strain on my hips, I gotta kinda lift my whole leg from the hip to use the brake or shifter.

mike

Old 11-18-2013, 02:45 PM
bamahemi
Cruiser

I have a C&C solo with a removeable backrest on my 2014 SGS and I love it. I had the same seat on my 2011 SG, and I didn't hesitate to order another one with the new bike. The normal design moves you down and back a bit compared to the stock seat, but C&C can make a seat that moves you backward, forward, up, down, whatever you want. They have all sorts of options with regard to materials and designs. I went with a combination of their grained mercedes and smooth vinyls with some subtle red stitching to compliment my red pinstripes. The options are limitless and the prices are reasonable.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:10 PM
ThisIsCrazy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the C&C solo with removable backrest as well. It is very comfortable.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:38 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

+2 on the C and C solo with backrest, very comfortable on long rides.
I had the signature solo, it was comfortable but really bulky looking so I sold it.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Shovelhed
Tourer

Solos are cool but I like giving strange chicks a ride and they complain about sittin on the fender haha

Old 11-18-2013, 04:55 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Mustang makes several dynamite solo seats. With or w/o the removable backrest.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:56 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

They have matching removable bitch pads too

Old 11-18-2013, 05:39 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Corbin solo I don't have enough miles in the seat to make a judgment it is a firm seat.

Quick Reply: Solo seat on 14 SGS