Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ridden Natchez Trace Pkwy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:26 AM
ultrafan06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone ridden Natchez Trace Pkwy?

ORIGINAL: Barebackjack

I was coming back from Starkville one weekend many years ago(1979) . Got stopped on the Trace in my truck. Was doing 80 and had a cooler full of beer. Cost me $500 and a night in jail. The Trace is federal and they don't take no ****.
Dang Bareback, $500 bucks back then is like $1000 today! I don't plan on giving the law dawggies any reason to pull me over. Thanks

Old 03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Barebackjack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The judge also told me not to drive on his trace ever again. It was many years before I would. They got me for speeding, reckless driving, possession, open container and public drunk. He caught me taking a leak at a rest stop. I was young and stupid.
ORIGINAL: ultrafan06

I was coming back from Starkville one weekend many years ago(1979) . Got stopped on the Trace in my truck. Was doing 80 and had a cooler full of beer. Cost me $500 and a night in jail. The Trace is federal and they don't take no ****.
Dang Bareback, $500 bucks back then is like $1000 today! I don't plan on giving the law dawggies any reason to pull me over. Thanks

Old 03-14-2007, 12:32 PM
ultrafan06
Advanced

I live about 5 miles from the southern end of the trace and ride it all the time. Just north of the Ross Barnett you will see Cypress Swamp on the left side.After you pass Cypress swamp, River bend will be on your left. The next left pass River Bend is Ratliff Ferry Road.Turn to your right and goto the river. There is gas, convenience store, campground and bikes.Ratliff's Ferry is a local bike hangout. Lost of times on Sat or Sunday afternoon there are 50 plus bikes there. The trading post burned several years ago and the new owners are gradually getting it back open. When it's warm and the river is full of boats, thescenery is pretty good.

A little farther north, you can get off atKosciusko. Food, gas and lodging available there. Not much else right on the Trace until you get to Tupelo

If you are wanting something good to eat before you get going out of Jackson, take the second traceexit past I-55 and go the the right.(lots of construction at this exit, be careful)Take a left at the light and go down about 3/4 of a mile and look for the sign for Shuckers Oyster Bar on the left. Great food, good bar and usually a few bikes there also. Shuckers just had their yearly crawfish festival this past weekend and it was jumping.
I tried Mapquest for Ratliff Ferry Rd and couldn't pull anything. I did see that Raymond is SW of Jackson. Is this place N or S of where you live?

Old 03-14-2007, 01:05 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Wife and I rode it coming back from the 100th Anniversary. I really enjoyed it. It is not a technical ride, but the scenery is nice, there is a lot of wildlife and I got in a real peaceful zone.

Regards,

Bill

Old 03-14-2007, 01:05 PM
ultrafan06
Advanced

Nevermind Bareback I found it. MP 123.7 Goin to check it out.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
ultrafan06
Advanced

ORIGINAL: billnourse

Wife and I rode it coming back from the 100th Anniversary. I really enjoyed it. It is not a technical ride, but the scenery is nice, there is a lot of wildlife and I got in a real peaceful zone.

Regards,

Bill

I'm hoping that Spring has hit and the trees have greened up by the time I get there. They've started here.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to chime in with the DO NOT SPEED!!! It is a federal offense and handled that way. You can not take care of the ticket via the mail. You must appear in person at the Federal Court with jurisdiction. Now that I have got that out. It is a beautiful ride as long as you don't speed. Did I say don't speed?

Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 PM
ultrafan06
Advanced

What happens if I crack a beer and drink it on Federal property?? I was planning to bring beer with me.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Isshinryu
Tourer

Beer + Federal property = Jail

Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 PM
ultrafan06
Advanced

Coke sounds much better

Quick Reply: Has anyone ridden Natchez Trace Pkwy?