Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall Racing Brakes composite rotors for 2014 models

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Lyndall Racing Brakes composite rotors for 2014 models

I just got off the phone with Paul Kitrell of Lyndall Racing Brakes. Anyone who has their brake pads or composite rotors is already aware of their extremely high quality products and the standards to which they conform.

These composite rotors are made out of a metal matrix composite material (google it) and weight about 1/3rd of what the stock stainless steel rotors do. The super light material combined with their LRB Gold or Red pads give these rotors a lifetime warranty and anyone who is on the forums regularly is already aware of the possible issue of rotor warpage withe these newer touring model's.

These are going to cost quite a bit less than Lyndall's other composite rotors ALTHOUGH I DO NOT HAVE SPECIFIC PRICING YET. When these are readily available (probably a few months)I will have pricing for you.

They are available in silver or black depending on the wheels and color theme of your bike and along with providing the best stopping power around are sure to enhance the looks of your already stunning machine.

I ran these Lyndall rotors on my last bike (which I recently sold) and of all the custom parts on the bike the rotors were always the first thing that people would ask me about. I found the stopping power to be extremely good with the Gold pads that I was running.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:03 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I hope not to need brakes for quite a while only have my first 100 miles on the sled but will sure keep this is mind when the time comes

Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How do they cool without the disc drilled ?

Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TWIN CAM 96
How do they cool without the disc drilled ?
Reasonable question...Slots in the rotor achieve the same general purpose as holes which is they allow gas, heat and water away from the surface of the rotors. Also what makes these rotors so special is that instead of being made from steel they are a metal matrix composite material which dissipates heat much better than steel.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I have his black floating ones on my 07, pricier up front costs but its the last one youll ever have to buy. As said, everyone comments on the rotors.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:22 AM
DDuess
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing that keeps popping up on these is the wet stopping issues. Guys that had these commented on poor wet stopping, long delays between application and stopping power. Is that cured?

Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Never had an issue stopping in the wet with mine. Carbon composite rotors with gold pads. Granted if it is wet, you are never gonna stop as quick as if it is dry.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Just received in our first sets of brilliant silver and carbon black front rotors. First thing I noticed is how light these rotors are and then how nice the finish is. Will be installing next week to give our honest opinion on the performance.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:55 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DDuess
The thing that keeps popping up on these is the wet stopping issues. Guys that had these commented on poor wet stopping, long delays between application and stopping power. Is that cured?
I had the original rotors and almost rear ended a truck in Sturgis in a thunderstorm and torrential downpour. Always worked in normal rain but scared the sh*t out of me in this storm.

I mentioned this in a post on this forum and Paul from Lyndall contacted me on his own and offered to replace my rotors with the new slotted style at no charge. My daughter stopped by their offices with my old rotors when she was on a road trip up the coast and they rebuilt them while she waited.

I have only ridden them in normal rain and had no problems.

How many other companies do you know with that kind of outstanding customer service?

Old 12-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Finally got around to installing a set of the black carbon LRB composite rotors on this 2014 Streetglide. With the black powdercoated stock wheels these rotors look absolutely killer on the bike. Installation was smooth with both the rotors and LRB Gold pads. Rotors use the stock hardware and fitment was perfect. Next time I would either use Harley chrome hardware or use some black nail polish to black out the bolts depending on what kind of look you like. I broke the new pads and rotors in by bringing the bike up to 50 mph and then applying the brakes hard until around 10 mph. Once I hit around 10 mph I brought the bike back up to 50 mph and then repeated this around 5 times. Next 40 mph to 10 mph 5 times, 30 mph to 10 mph 5 times, and finally 20 mph to 10 mph 5 times. I did this successively without completely stopping. This process allows the new LRB Gold pads to embed onto the rotor surface. This process is not necessary but I do it any time I install new pads + rotors to get better results. After breaking in the pads I went on a typical ride and loved everything about these rotors. Not sure if it is a placebo effect or what but the bike seemed to handle better with the massive reduction of weight. The bike stops great and has a nice consistent linear feel. Once I get some more miles and test them in the canyons under load I will post my impressions but so far these are fantastic.

Quick Reply: Lyndall Racing Brakes composite rotors for 2014 models