Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xm reception on 2014's

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 04:33 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Ryndak
My bike with Xm is 2014 Ultra Limited

Jeff RMC115 is trying to help you but you need to answer all his questions>>

Old 12-28-2013, 05:43 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
Jeff RMC115 is trying to help you but you need to answer all his questions>>
Just making sure we are comparing apples to apples or limited to limited. Mike

Old 12-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Flying too low
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Xm was installed new at dealer when I bought the bike. Factory location was the worst. I raised it up to top of speaker but not much better. But been a week on of dash and works well.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
rmc115
Road Master

I still have not got mine to activate the esn. too crappy to ride (14 degrees) left it out in driveway for 4 hours but not unlocked yet. Mike

Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Miltonhog
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought a 2014 Limited and it will be delivered in April here in Canada. I really wanted another Road Glide Ultra , I am wondering if the XM Module can be moved from bike to bike should I trade in next year. The new Road Glide is not expected till August. I believe the install requires a flash on the dealers Digital Tech.

I hope you can answer my question.

Thanks and have a safe and Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:31 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Miltonhog
I bought a 2014 Limited and it will be delivered in April here in Canada. I really wanted another Road Glide Ultra , I am wondering if the XM Module can be moved from bike to bike should I trade in next year. The new Road Glide is not expected till August. I believe the install requires a flash on the dealers Digital Tech.

I hope you can answer my question.

Thanks and have a safe and Happy New Year.
If the new 2015 glide uses the exact same 6.5 radio as your limited then it should fit as it is actually an internal part of the head unit that you buy and install. There is no dealer fash needed you buy the sat component and call XM to activate it. Install is easy.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Miltonhog
Advanced

Wow thanks for the quick answer. I have XM on car and truck and like it a lot. I will be going to western Canada next summer for several weeks. By the time I get back the 15s will be out. I sold my Road Glide Ultra and am trying to keep the Limited as stock as I can stand it.

I am assuming the Infotainment will be included in the next generation Road Glide Ultra.

Again thanks for the response.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:33 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Miltonhog
Wow thanks for the quick answer. I have XM on car and truck and like it a lot. I will be going to western Canada next summer for several weeks. By the time I get back the 15s will be out. I sold my Road Glide Ultra and am trying to keep the Limited as stock as I can stand it.

I am assuming the Infotainment will be included in the next generation Road Glide Ultra.

Again thanks for the response.

Downside is Harley may or may not use the 6.5 moving forward. My best guess is they will but ya never know. Maybe you want to hold off buying the xm module for your limited as Harley could get really nice and include it with the new Road Glide. What colour is toy 2014 limited?

Old 01-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Miltonhog
Advanced

Hi

I bought the Red and Burnt Cayenne and nailed the deal on Saturday in time to avoid the
price increase of 3.5 % or $1200 that takes place on 2 January. The currency exchange is what is being blamed. I had hoped to wait till the dealer meeting in Texas on 20th in case the MOCO released a new RGU but with no certainty I did not want to pay another $1200.

I have had 8 Electra Glides but really enjoyed the RGU. Hopefully I will not be pulling the trigger again this year but I am my own best Santa.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:55 PM
rmc115
Road Master

if it doesn't work resale is very good on the modules. chance are it will be around for a while, it costs a lot to develop new hardware. Mike

Quick Reply: xm reception on 2014's