Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Stage 1 A/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:01 AM
dhermann43
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coyote86
Everyone covered the H-D upgrade kit options nicely, but here are a couple more details if needed.

-The larger air filter itself is not visible after the upgrade, even though, technically, it's open on the side.

-The parts guy at my H-D dealership gave me a tip that I haven't tried - if you want the filter element more visible, add a couple of washers under the cover to lift it off more.

-I mounted this SE a/c this weekend and it does improve air flow, as evidenced by poor combustion after the mod. I re-autotuned with my Power Vision and all is well again.

-The rubber seal around the stock cover falls off without the back plate to trap it; you might want to pull it off or tack it down with a few dots of super glue.

So this unit is a functional upgrade that looks almost stock (to me) and I like that for now; it's not as clean as stock, as others have pointed out, but I convinced myself I like the open look... Other units can also change the look more aggressively - to each their own (that's what makes mods great)!

Coyote.
Hey could you show me some pictures of how it looks. I was concerned of it being open on the inside as well. I'd love to see it before being stuck with it like I am with the agitator. ( Don't like the agitator it sticks out to far).

Also I looked into the ventilator and it is very low profile and looks nice.