Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Reservoir Door Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013 | 04:25 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

Maybe the door mod should be hinged like the old west saloon doors.
Seems like lots of frequent visits expected in there.
Maybe nickname the coolant bottle "Miss Kitty".

Old 11-14-2013 | 04:35 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

Why the h_ll is everyone so intent with ridiculing the OP? He came up with a solution to fix a problem that concerns him. He wrote it up in case anyone else might want to do something similar. That's your decision. But if it isn't something you think is necessary or not an issue to you then why do you have to flame him instead of just moving on? Maybe he is a rookie, maybe he isn't, I guess all you folks were just natural born master mechanics and bikers. Glad all of us haven't done something deserving of ridicule. This is almost to the point of bullying. It's easy to hide behind the annonymity of the internet. This whole forum and nation has gotten like this and it's ridiculous. I think I'm done here for awhile. Not sure this forum is worth the aggravation anymore. And you don't need to respond to this because I won't see it anyway.

Old 11-14-2013 | 05:39 PM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FLUltrarider
Why the h_ll is everyone so intent with ridiculing the OP? He came up with a solution to fix a problem that concerns him. He wrote it up in case anyone else might want to do something similar. That's your decision. But if it isn't something you think is necessary or not an issue to you then why do you have to flame him instead of just moving on? Maybe he is a rookie, maybe he isn't, I guess all you folks were just natural born master mechanics and bikers. Glad all of us haven't done something deserving of ridicule. This is almost to the point of bullying. It's easy to hide behind the annonymity of the internet. This whole forum and nation has gotten like this and it's ridiculous. I think I'm done here for awhile. Not sure this forum is worth the aggravation anymore. And you don't need to respond to this because I won't see it anyway.
Having to carry bottles of coolant in a saddlebag is your idea of fixing a problem? And bullying? Toughen up. The problem with the nation is people are becoming soft. This is a forum for discussion, ideas, agreement, disagreement and sometimes friendly ball breaking. Stop acting like a *****. This is a Harley forum for God's sake

Last edited by Jersey_Marine; 11-14-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-14-2013 | 07:10 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.
Maybe there's room for some tissues behind the little door.
It's a Harley Forum - Man up!

Old 11-14-2013 | 07:29 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLUltrarider
They ridicule because we are on the internet. It is easy for douche-bags to say what they want to people when they are hiding behind a keyboard and there are no consequences. It is also winter and lots of folks are pissed at the world...I will say this...It seems like the last year or so, there are a LARGE amount of confrontational douche-bags on this forum. If you ask a question, at least half the "answers" are going to be from tough guys trying to make themselves sound like "real bikers"...The same if you try to post a helpful hint. I would stop coming here but the classifieds section saves (or costs...) me too much cash...

Old 11-14-2013 | 07:44 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by themouth!!!

They ridicule because we are on the internet. It is easy for douche-bags to say what they want to people when they are hiding behind a keyboard and there are no consequences. It is also winter and lots of folks are pissed at the world...I will say this...It seems like the last year or so, there are a LARGE amount of confrontational douche-bags on this forum. If you ask a question, at least half the "answers" are going to be from tough guys trying to make themselves sound like "real bikers"...The same if you try to post a helpful hint. I would stop coming here but the classifieds section saves (or costs...) me too much cash...
You said a mouthful then. Lotsa tough guys in this forum.

Old 11-14-2013 | 08:26 PM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SBates08
You said a mouthful then. Lotsa tough guys in this forum.
Exactly. Go back and read through "themouth!!!"'s previous posts...he is the quintessential internet tough guy. Just look at his screen name and avatar

Last edited by Jersey_Marine; 11-14-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2013 | 08:29 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jersey_Marine
Exactly. Go back and read through "The Mouths" previous posts...he is the quintessential internet tough guy
You need to do some more reading or maybe you have me confused with someone else...I help when I can and am NEVER any type of tough guy...For the record, my post wasn't directed at you...

Did the research for you...all you gotta do is click...WHERE was I a tough guy??

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/searc...rchid=22930505

Last edited by Northbound Southerner; 11-14-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2013 | 08:33 PM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser

Why can't anyone take a little ball-breaking and criticism anymore? Is society getting this soft? Is skin getting thinner? What a f'in shame...

Old 11-14-2013 | 08:34 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jersey_Marine

Exactly. Go back and read through "themouth!!!"'s previous posts...he is the quintessential internet tough guy. Just look at his screen name and avatar
I would have to disagree with you on this one.

Quick Reply: My Reservoir Door Mod