Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

110 CVO Limited vs 103 Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
Just for record there Jswerve... I wasn't trying to justify jack. I simply offered an opinion on my current, and past ride. The OP was looking for opinions not sarcasm. Ever thought of joining the CVO Forum....you'd be in good company with all the others that have the "special bike"! Just sayin!
A little over sensitive today? Must be that time of the month...

BTW I don't recall ever mentioning you at all in my post. It was a generalized post, in a generalized thread so relax, life is short. Too many overly sensitive ppl today.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:45 PM
06Ultraman
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

If it interests any one... I traded my 10 cvo ultra for 14 limited new and paid 200 bucks. Cvos hold value better than standard bikes.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jswerve
These threads are hilarious. If you bought a regular bike you come here and try to justify your reasoning and why your bike was the better buy. If you buy the CVO you do the same thing trying to convince all the naysayers why you think the CVO is better then the average production bike. Here's an idea, buy what YOU want, ride what YOU want, and don't give a sh*t what anybody thinks.
Just ride man....
Actually, I started this thread because I needed more power for touring. I wanted to know if the CVO provided that but a month later I went to 107". The beginning of this thread was helpful to me and I made the right decision.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:56 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jswerve
A little over sensitive today? Must be that time of the month...

BTW I don't recall ever mentioning you at all in my post. It was a generalized post, in a generalized thread so relax, life is short. Too many overly sensitive ppl today.
You're right Swerve......life is short! Enjoy your screaming chicken and Ride Safe!

Lobo

Old 06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
garyFLHPI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Fogg
Hard question to answer because I like both bikes and will be keeping both. However, at this point, if I had to choose it would probably be the BMW. I had to spend about $2000 on ergonomics to get the BMW comfy for the long haul. While I only have had 1 minor issue, BMW quality is questionable from everything I have read and I have not had an issue with my last 2 HD's. The BMW goes long distance so easily and effortlessly and with so much technology, it's hard not to choose it. Both bikes have strengths and weaknesses.
Thank you for answering my question. I have been drooling over Beemer for last 6 month... Looks like I will have addition to my stable...

Old 08-28-2015, 07:44 PM
thend
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just traded my 2014 limited for 2015 cvo and there is a Hugh difference between the two not counting the paint or Crome. Riding with two people u feel the difference in the throttle there is no surging at any speed like u get on the limited in below the clutch is different than the limited was a change this year for some reason and I know people will laugh at this but the radio comes in better than my limited if I was to do this all over I would of just got the cvo and be done with it. You also get a cover a garage remote waxing rag a gold key and a kickstand puck. If u wheel and deal it's about 7k between limited and cvo limited best bike I ever owned. And I used to be that person who said 40 k for a bike they have to be nuts. But I never rode one til now. Also I was told that they only make 2000 of them and they are built by hand not on a assembly line.

Last edited by thend; 08-28-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:40 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Theres a lot of just plain trash garbage talk here, and some great, sobering, realistic info here. Ive had an 07 RG that I loved and wrenched everything on it myself except for a couple of 103 builds, with the last being a 124/121 stage 4 build. It was scarey freaking fast and a hoot to ride. I put probably had a total invested of $40k in it over the course of 8 years.
Sold it and looked at new ones last year, I couldnt put my arms around any of the new ones, I was looking at a good $10k of parts and tuning to get it the way I wanted it. Looked at 14/15 CVO's and my wife put it into perspective the new CVO cost more than her Lexus, not to mention too much damn bling and chrome.
So I started hunting for a used CVO, found a stock 12 FLTRXSE in candy cobalt. it had everything I would want except for Ohlins and a tune and tour pack, it had the contrast wheels, and the motor was blacked out in gloss with just enough chrome not to be gawdy. I got it out the door with 3 year tire to tire extended warranty for 28k.
As for the difference in ride, the CVO is smoother, pulls like a jet plane taking off at any speed and sticks in the corners like its on rails. Some day Ill try going against my old bike but the difference I have seen I will take this bike over my old built one anyday of the week. The color has been commented on by almost everyone that walks by it, even the sales mgr at my local dealer was mesmerized by the color.
Someone commented on a non factory one off paint, thats going to be near impossible to sell, those colors are personal and by doing that you probably cut out 90% of the markets buyers.

Last edited by bagman1; 08-29-2015 at 10:44 AM.