Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

110 CVO Limited vs 103 Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2manytoys
If there is a draw back to a CVO in my mind it would be running into the same bike on occasion
My last bike was a 09 VIVID BLACK SG... Imagine how many I saw those. I have run into a Ruby Red 12CVO SG once at a bike night 2 hours away and the only other time was at Sturgis.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:32 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'm getting ready to make the CVO choice as well. I know how I am with bikes, and by the time I get done getting it to where I want it, I'm also going to be pretty close to what the CVO costs. I also know that depending on what you do to the bike, many times it either vibrates loose, breaks completely, puts that little bit of doubt in the back of your mind that even though it looks cool...you have changed to bike that may make it less dependable or a little leary of riding it long distances in case something happens. That's what I did to my FLHT, I fixed it up so much that I don't want to take it on a long trip because of what may happen. Yesterday, I just broke my third bracket that was modified for the custom fender riding across town!

Old 06-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

The 110 was a pretty nice step up in power over the 88 and 96 Cu. In motors, however when Harley went to the 103 the difference was not quite as clear cut. They 103 ran cooler, quieter, and still made good power. Now that the Rushmore 103 HO has been released, and also the even more powerful water cooled 103 twin cooled motor, I believe it is harder to justify the costs to go with the 110 in the CVO, just based on motor.

Believe that if I was looking today for a touring bike, I would go with the 103 Limited Rushmore. bike and pocket the $.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:54 PM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As the owner of a 2006 cvo ultra, I can say that the new cvo limited doesn't justify the increase in price If you are value conscious. Back in 2006 the cvo was a huge step up. Even the salespeople at the stealer said that the difference in stuff doesn't justify the difference in price and they are having a hard time moving the cvo bikes...

Old 06-15-2014, 04:54 PM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a beautiful 2010 CVO street glide spiced rum color. I put a non cat head pipe and fullsac cores in the mufflers and it was a sweet and smooth ride. But it was not as practical for me as an Ultra. Now I have a rushmore limited. The power is very comparable to the 110 that I had. I also put a CVO heated seat on the 14 limited and find the standard equipment on the limited with the addition of that seat just an awesome package. I did really splurge though and spent the extra for the two tone paint LOL, first time I ever did that. Amber Whiskey and Black. I love it.

That being said if the CVO styling makes your day then thats what you should get.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:46 PM
06Ultraman
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

My 14 limited runs just as strong as my 2010 cvo ultra did. The water cooled high output 103 runs strong stock "butt dyno " says equal!

Old 06-15-2014, 08:44 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started this thread in November of 13'. Obviously I was looking for more power for touring. I was always disappointed when riding two up, maybe a head wind going uphill and unable to maintain my speed and having to downshift. Same with passing...I want to get the job done quick. About a month after I wrote this thread I had a 107" BB built. It fixed all the shortcomings of my 12' limited. In April, I also added a BMW K1600 GTL to my garage which is a pleasure to tour on. Unlimited power in the palm of my hand in any gear at any RPM. My wife and I did an 1000 mile round trip to Amarillo this weekend on the Harley in heavy winds. Even with the 107" motor I found myself wishing I was on the BMW in those head winds fully loaded. My opinion is that Harley needs to keep adding HP and TQ or more HD lovers like me that need real touring performance will test drive some other brands and find out there is some good stuff out there.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 PM
garyFLHPI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Fogg
I started this thread in November of 13'. Obviously I was looking for more power for touring. I was always disappointed when riding two up, maybe a head wind going uphill and unable to maintain my speed and having to downshift. Same with passing...I want to get the job done quick. About a month after I wrote this thread I had a 107" BB built. It fixed all the shortcomings of my 12' limited. In April, I also added a BMW K1600 GTL to my garage which is a pleasure to tour on. Unlimited power in the palm of my hand in any gear at any RPM. My wife and I did an 1000 mile round trip to Amarillo this weekend on the Harley in heavy winds. Even with the 107" motor I found myself wishing I was on the BMW in those head winds fully loaded. My opinion is that Harley needs to keep adding HP and TQ or more HD lovers like me that need real touring performance will test drive some other brands and find out there is some good stuff out there.
Thank you for your post. I have a question, if you had to choose between Harley and a Beemer, which would you take? In other wards, would you trade your Harley for a Beemer if there was only one choice? Thank you.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:51 PM
CJ Sedona
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bachus
I got an 09 FLHTP w/ 2.5K in paint, 1.5k in motor work. Looks better, runs better than your CVO! 4 shows this summer, 1 first, 1 second and one top three!

Didn't pay any where near what you did. Got a ONE off paint job, runs circles around any CVO. Got a good friend who rides an 03 CVO 103, he paid gobs of money to get 100HP out of his bike. It's nice and quick, but not any where as streetable as mine @ 1/2 the price.

You can play their game or write your own rules.

Not had mine o a dyno'd yet, not excpecting 100HP, but really liking what I did @ 1/2 price! Thinking 85hp/105T.

Dan B.
Central Ks.
You sir , are a tool

Old 06-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 290 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jus2anoyu
The 110 makes a lot more hp and tq. The cvo has a lot more cool stuff on it as well. The cvo will hold its value better too. Yes, you could spend 11k on a limited and make it a sweet bike. But you would never get that 11k back when you trade. Keep in mind that the 110's are a very noisy engine, more so than the 103.
Exactly right, the CVO will hold its value better than an ultra with all the bells, whistles and motor upgrades. I spent quite a bit on an 07 from paint to pipes and the SE 110 upgrade and never got near what I put into it when I moved up to a CVO. Test rode a 2014 limited a while back and it don't compare to the my stock 12 CVO. To each his own, Me I would rather travel so I spend the money I would normally dump into upgrades on gas,oil, tires and hotel rooms.

Quick Reply: 110 CVO Limited vs 103 Ultra Limited