Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You folks confuse me

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007 | 06:44 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: You folks confuse me

If I'm reading the info on your post correctly, you posted the original question fairly late last night (Sunday). Today, most of us are at work and we're suppossed to be working. Have patience, I would guess there will be a few more helpful responses this evening. Lots of good folks here with experience in these matters.

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:00 PM
yota
|
Cruiser

Thats great and I did find that with a search. Now if you are done FLAMING, please read my post and you will see that I read also the manual and also did a search on what needs to be done if anything to adjust or reset the CRUISE CONTROL..Now you will possibly think that I am an idiot but I beg to differ...I did search on various ways to look up adjusting, reseting or anything to do with the CRUISE..Nothing shows up. In the manual it talk about doing it but does not say if it is required with what i have done by changing out the grips and nor does your lijnk. So now I am at the same stage as before..The book is not clear, and after many people reading my question, but not getting anywhere what should I do..I understand that all are busy and so on, but I also would have to think that after all the people who read the messgaes, someone may know if the CRUISE is all good or what..Sorry if I got you all fired up, but I tried to avoid asking a stupid question by doing research but I did not find what I was looking for.

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:03 PM
slojoh
Road Captain

sounds to me like there are some forum snobs around here!

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:06 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

Not sure why youre confused, looking at that thread, it was answered correctly by several people, how many "do this" replys do you need to be un-confused? Thats why you didnt get 50 answers, people read, see its answered right and figure why be redundant with the same info. Just changing grips has nothing to do with cruise as long as you get cables adjusted right, like you were told early on(read Phil M's post).

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:16 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Well when you light a fire...look out for the flames

Perform the intialization routine whenever the cruise module,cruise cable, or throtle body are removed or replaced.
So since you didn't change the cruise module,

or change the cruise cable,

or R and R the throtle body.

And only changed out the grips, and need to adjust the Throttle Cable and the Idle Cable.

What do you think?
You do know you were no where near the cruise cable while doing this grip change?(It runs from the module to the throttle body)

Read the linkI gave you, it actually has a clearer description of throtle/idle cable adjustment than the manual.

And just for a "learning curve" try the intialization routine.
It's easy to do, and is something good to know.
But not needed for what you have done.

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:19 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: slojoh

sounds to me like there are some forum snobs around here!
Naw not snobs, just snow bound bikers that had fresh meat laid on the table.

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:21 PM
NICKNOAH
Advanced

Sorry Yota, I can't help you out on this one, I don't cruise control.
I did read your post though to see if I could help though.
This is not a flaming on my part by the way.

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:26 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain

Now I am confused, but confused about what to be confused about when I get like this, confused.

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:34 PM
fatdave
Advanced

Not sure if you got an answer on the throttle cables or not. If your not 100% sure of how to do it, get someone do it for you. It's very important that the throttle returns to the idle position freely. Open the throttle by turning the grip and then remove your hand from the grip it should snap back freely to theclosed position. You'll be able to hear it snapback shut. You shouldn't have to turn the grip to close the throttle.The last thing you want is for the throttle to stick open.

The Cruise Cable adjustment is a one time deal. Done when cruise is installed or when the cruise cable is replaced. The adjustment of the throttle cables does not effect the cruise control. The cruise has a seperate cable. Not sure which model you have but they all work the same. When you run the setup on the cruise it automatically adjusts the cruise control cable. The cruise control unit has a motor that pulls the cruise cable which opens the throttle. When you run the setup it pulls the cable until there is a change in RPM then it stores the number of turns it took to cause the change in memory. This is the starting point for the cruise control used to determine the number of turns it takes to maintain the current speed when set.

Hope this helps.

This is a public forum. There's lots of good info and good people along witha lot ofBS a few a$$holes and smart a$$es. I fall into the last group.

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:37 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

Now i'm confusesd!!

Quick Reply: You folks confuse me