Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EG Standard Oil Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:25 PM
jbhawley
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EG Standard Oil Gauge

I have basically a FHLT (electra Glide standard) that i have added a oil and air gauge that i bought from ebay. Now i need to get the oil sending unit that will make the oil gauge functional...no problem on that. But, the question is...what type of wire harness do i need. I know HD sells a kit for this with the oil/air gauges and all the necesary hardware, but i replaced all the gauges (that i bought at a great deal from the same ebay seller) at one time. My dealer parts dept is a bit clueless on the correct wire harness. I have the parts books but even that is a bit confusing as it list two seperate wire harness...one 'jumper harness' and then one oil pressure wire harness. I really think all i need is the jumper harness.
Has anyone added these gauges lately and remember anything about the wire harness. Which one do i need and how does it install. The sending unit is no problem.
Thanks.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 AM
jbhawley
Road Master
Default RE: EG Standard Oil Gauge

According to the 2001 Touring parts manual there are two seperate wire harnesses:
32806-00 Jumper, oil pressure gauge (i think this is the one that comes with the oil/air kit)
32799-00 wire hareness, oil pressure gauge (i think this is the one that is already on the bike)

Has anyone put the oil/air gauge kit on a FLHT and remebers what the wire harness looked like?

Old 03-13-2007, 11:16 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jbhawley

According to the 2001 Touring parts manual there are two seperate wire harnesses:
32806-00 Jumper, oil pressure gauge (i think this is the one that comes with the oil/air kit)
32799-00 wire hareness, oil pressure gauge (i think this is the one that is already on the bike)

Has anyone put the oil/air gauge kit on a FLHT and remebers what the wire harness looked like?
The o4 Standard I had was already wired for those guages...

Old 03-28-2007, 12:04 PM
jbhawley
Road Master

Got an answer so I decided to update this post.
Went to my usual HD dealer, Shelton's HD in Goldsboro NC. These guys are great to deal with. Anyhow. I needed part number 32806-00 Jumper, oil pressure gauge, but they didnt have it. So the parts guy, takes the oil pressure/air temp gauge kit and robs the wireharness from it adn sels it to me at the price that it cost of the above part. He says he can just send it back to HD HQ under warranty, saying the harness was not in the box. Now the Rocky Mount HD dealer (Rocky Mount NC) would have never done that. H3LL they hardly have anything on the shelf anyhow. BUt RM HD is a bit more conveinent to me, but i generally go to Sheltons...definatley makes me a beliver that the dealer can make or break a relationship.
In a nutshell 32806-00 was the part i needed. It took about 45 minutes to get it wired. Actually pretty simple.